has anyone dealt with bresse farms?

When I tried to get my chicks this year, he acted like he forgot all the promises he made.

He had me type out everything on my phone, and I could tell that he was playing ignorant...

But I still went through all the motions, and he still refused to pay me the three chicks he owes me for writing good reviews for him.

And I'm still waiting on the two orders he owes me from last year!

Nothing pissed me off more than having to relive all of those chicks dying in great detail, and get nothing from it except a slow southern drawl that reeks of stupidity!

Greenfire Farms charges more, but even though Florida is farther from Hawaii than Bresse Farms; the last chicks I bought came from them: and they got here faster than the chicks I bought from Bresse Farms.

If you don't like nursing 15 dying chicks, it's worth the extra money to get them from Greenfire Farms.

I told him I would be writing bad reviews on him if he didn't straighten everything out in March.

The next time I texted him, my number was blocked!

I can't call his number from my phone either!

Now June is almost here, and I'm over being patient.

Here comes the bad reviews.

Justin offers free chicks for good reviews, and a package of oil with every purchase.

I never got the oil or the chicks he promised, or the last two orders he owes me from last year!

Justin is the scum of the earth!

Terrible experience with Bresse Farms. I ordered 20 Swedish Flower Hen chicks. Order totaled $260 including shipping. My order was delayed by one month. I received 11 Rhode Island Reds (pictured), 2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, 1 Blue Bresse, and 6 possible Swedish Flower Hens. Also 1 unknown DOA chick. Two of the Swedish Flowers have vaulted skulls. Something breeders would cull for in this breed, but normally you wouldn’t produce these at all as you should be breeding any crested to non-crested. I questioned Justin about the RIR chicks. Sent him high quality photos of them. He said no, those are SFHs. Clearly, they’re not. Then I realized two others were Wyandottes. Lastly, found out one was a blue Bresse chick. I had posted about it in a group on Facebook and the Swedish Flower Hen breeders all said no way those are SFs. Also two of his customers commented they had similar experiences with him. So I called him out on it. He then claimed there was a computer system error and I got 9 RIRs and 15 SFHs. No, those numbers weren’t right either and the label on my box also says 21 SFHs were packed. He finally refunded me $120 for 12 SFHs, but he owes me for 14. Says he’ll send the other $20 tomorrow. Keep in mind I didn’t get any refund for $60 shipping. My personal opinion is that he could not fulfill my order so filled it with what he could. Would never do business with this guy again. Now I’m out $140 and left to care for a bunch of chicks I didn’t want.

Attachments

• D174B095-6B31-4E10-8EEA-7C041EC694BF.jpeg
    D174B095-6B31-4E10-8EEA-7C041EC694BF.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 3
Stay away.
I ordered Bresse chicks from them. Two thirds of them are splashed when they should have been white.
Now this is a trait that shows up naturally in the white Bresse, but a reputed breeder would work to remove it from its gene pool.
My chicks from Greenfire Farms are healthy, textbook white Bresse. Not a single black feather. The ones from Bresse Farms are definitely not.

Now, clearly, you get what you pay for. A chick from Greenfire is going to run you $29, whereas Bresse Farms will sell you hatching eggs for around $5 a piece, I think. Greenfire breeds true to breed (and are the original importer of that landrace into the U.S.). Bresse Farms breeds for volume. I doubt they put much effort in culling out the birds that don't exhibit the right attributes.
I'm definitely not ordering from Bresse Farms again. Learned my lesson.

Hi, I ordered a dozen eggs from them. Much to my surprise, Justin shipped them out on a Friday! On Monday the eggs were to be delivered so I waited for the mail. Later that afternoon I heard the mail carrier's truck, looking out the front window I could see the carrier back up into my drive pulling all the way up to the house, gets out of his truck, walks up to the porch and then tosses the box onto the porch. He was gone before I could get to him!
Not totally the USPS fault, there were no warnings on the box such as "Hatching eggs" "Handle with care" or "Fragile", nothing. The eggs were packed very well in memory foam and none were broken. After candling them all had detached air cells. Some of the eggs were dirty and some were odd shaped! After candling a few days later only 2 (fertile) were alive out of 13 eggs. Wasted a lot of money, never again will I order from them, Very bad experience!!

Back
Top Bottom