Has anyone eaten a polish chicken?

muslw4

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Northern Illinois
I have a neighbor that has polish roosters. she wants to sell them as meat birds. I don't think they would be good for meat since they are a couple years old. But we are curious, would polish be worth the trouble in processing? I wouldn't think there would be much meat on them.
Thanks for your input.

They, of course can be eaten. Would they be worth the effort? Perhaps for soup/stew they might be. I would skin them for easier processing. I surely would not buy them.

Thanks, I did suggest just giving them away to someone that would use them for stew meat. She can't bring herself to do it, which I cna't blame her since I can't do it either. Unfortunately, what else can you do with roosters that aren't used for breeding or are pets....except spend money feeding them.

I'll make the dumplings if someone can skin the bird!

If Illinois were not so far from the East coast, I'd skin those birds just to get some of your home made dumplings.
droolin.gif

I gave a friend a bunch of 2-3 year old birds for processing, and a polish rooster was among those I gave her. She said, cooked slow, he tasted just fine
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom