has anyone else lost their appetite for eggs?

Quote:
How dare you?!

Just kidding. I'm not mad, just a bit horrified.

Im SORRY!
hit.gif

tongue.png

don't get me wrong...the eggs are gorgeous and taste wonderful. The idea of home grown eggs is wonderful as well but after the fact, "probably" not the MAIN reason i have my chickens. They are great pets as you all well know. And yeah, I just ate three scrambled eggs. With nothing on the side. For all I know worms and crickets and grubs taste good too. hahahah. sorry.

At first, yes, but that was when they first started laying and I just wasn't used to "growing my own" non vegetable food. I got over that pretty quickly and estimate my appetite and consumption of eggs has probably tripled this summer. I don't tend to eat them sunny side up though, that has always kind of groosed me out a little, mostly they go in breakfast burritos, home made waffles, Quiche, etc..

Last night I made about 2 dozen deviled eggs from our banty & pullet eggs for a party tonight. Even though we've had haying hens for nearly a year, I was shocked at how bright yellow the yolks were once the deviled eggs were all done. None of this wilting violet stuff for us!

They're bite-sized and adorable, though not smooth because peeling them was a royal pain.
smile.png

Doesn't anyone bake!!!

That is the main reason we finally decided to go with egglayers first and not meaties. Starting now through the holidays we easily go through 18 eggs a week. There are sooo many options besides plain hard boiled eggs!!

Some easy ones like pickles horseradish devil eggs (amazing); angel food cake (there goes 12 eggs), spatzel (theres 4-5 for just 1 meal), carbonara sauce, oh the possibilities are endless ( I <3 eggs)

Quote:
Oh, why did you have to bring his up:-( I'm with tdgill about all the creepy things they est. Mine will attack a cow pile like it's gourmet food! I also feed BSF larvae, which my chickens go wild for, but it just grosses me out. I threw up the first time I ate my chicks eggs. (I'm hoping it was just a bug of some sort..OR NOT!

I will only eat the yolk part of the egg unless the egg is baked into something. And I never eat scrambled eggs. My dh and kids will eat as many eggs as you can feed them though.

Back
Top Bottom