Has anyone ever hatched shipped goose eggs with detached air cells on there side?

Perfect time for that question. First baby gosling hatched with no problems 2nd baby was ready to hatch but couldn't get out it was internal piped but couldn't pip its shell so I gave it and the other 2 with the bad air cells a breather hole. the 2nd one I ended up having to peal back the shell of the air pocket and it hatched normal from there. As for my 2 detached air cells they are still working on absorbing there yolks each in its own incubator wrapped in wet towels both are sticky chicks. Nether of them could get in position in fact I had a hard time finding there little beaks to expose them,. So time will tell we are on day 3 of a peal back on there shells they got there heads out this morning they are both finally trying to absorb there yolks. Im going to work this morning with them in wet towels my hope when I get home they will be ready to come out. As for the runners only one made it to hatch here name is East she piped on the wrong end. The breeder was great she reshipped me 13 eggs all are in the incubator looking perfect with embryo development.
Hello, I have shipped Chinese goose eggs and all of them have a damaged air cell. Two are particularly bad. We are on day 29. Yesterday 3 were wobbling. When do you assist? When do i decide to drill an air hole? I am always reading that opening the incubator can do more damage than good.

Hello, I have shipped Chinese goose eggs and all of them have a damaged air cell. Two are particularly bad. We are on day 29. Yesterday 3 were wobbling. When do you assist? When do i decide to drill an air hole? I am always reading that opening the incubator can do more damage than good.
There is no perfect answer. If the babies were able to turn some may make it on there own. I would wait to see how many pip on there own. I have healthy eggs that from internal pip to outer pip have taken 48 hours and hatched great. Others have quite and not made the outside pip.

What I do is wait till a few finish then check. If I still have wigglers I make a hole. When they backwards pip I widen the pip for them if the have not made a big hole.

If you open the incubator be ready to raise the humidity quickly after you can do that by adding hot water to your humidity water.

I wish I had the correct answer but every one of my hatches have been different. Some that I have helped come out normal with normal growth rate. Some probably shouldn't have hatched they just didn't have a strong enough embryo to start with.

I have hatched from shipped eggs 2 times.

first time all broken air cells 8 eggs all fertile all developed 3 hatched normal 1 I assisted and ended up having to put it down 2 days later.

2nd time 13 eggs. 6 fertile 2 hatched. 2 early death other 2 died when they attempted to make the turn.

The experience above was runner duck eggs,

Yes will. Day 30 and still no external pip. Saw one wobbling this morning. It is so frustrating, feeling so helpless

Yes will. Day 30 and still no external pip. Saw one wobbling this morning. It is so frustrating, feeling so helpless
I have bigger birds and they hatch on day 32 and 33. But when I had the african production they were around 28. I feel your frustration. Have you seen there actual beak in the air cell. Wiggles at the bottom of the air cell are usually them still trying to turn.

I haven’t candled since day 25, when they went in lockdown. I have not seen internal pips. This morning (day 30) one pipped externally. Not much progress all day. The rest have not moved today.

I haven’t candled since day 25, when they went in lockdown. I have not seen internal pips. This morning (day 30) one pipped externally. Not much progress all day. The rest have not moved today.
Good job on the one the hatch Im in some externally piped this morning not expecting to see babies till tomorrow. Take them a long while from pip to zip. I feel for you. Shipped goose eggs are so hard to hatch.

Yes. It took 24h for the first one to hatch. The other 3 were not moving, so I took them out one by one candled and drilled an air hole. Within 3 hours the second pipped externally pipped and it is on the out any minute now. The third one is breached I think as I can see a tiny hole at the wrong end of the egg. I ll give it till tomorrow evening and see if I can assist. The forth egg was a fully developed huge gosling. My guess it could not get in position to internally pip and died.

Lif
Yes. It took 24h for the first one to hatch. The other 3 were not moving, so I took them out one by one candled and drilled an air hole. Within 3 hours the second pipped externally pipped and it is on the out any minute now. The third one is breached I think as I can see a tiny hole at the wrong end of the egg. I ll give it till tomorrow evening and see if I can assist. The forth egg was a fully developed huge gosling. My guess it could not get in position to internally pip and died.
Life is good. Im so happy for you. Some can make it out when they pip backwards as long as they make a big enough hole and dont get shrink wrapped.

Back
Top Bottom