Has anyone ever ordered guineas from idealpoultry?

Guinea season has definitely arrived here in Texas. Our days are pretty reliably in the 60's now. I'm dying to get more guineas. Mine are so friendly that they are almost pests. We have a group we call "the Gang of 7." These 7 hang together all the time and follow people all over harassing them and begging for food. They especially love my oldest DS. Probably because he's a soft touch on the handouts.
wink.png

I've gotten lots from Ideal in the past, but never the French ones. I'm thinking about adding some this year.

I ordered from Ideal. We just moved out of town in Dec and I could hardly wait to order my Guinneas and some chicks. I ordered 10 French Guinnea and 6 Buff Orp, they added 6 males (Rhode Isl Red I think) for warmth. This was in 1 Feb when I ordered! They all arrived safe and sound. The only ones that didn't make it were 2 of the 6 chicks I bought . I had all of them together in one large wooden pallet box for the brooder. They are now let out all day to roam the yard. When ever we step outside they come running (the whole flock) to see what "treats" we have for them. Getting them in at night is easy, we take out dinner scraps or bird seed and put it into their "treat pan" and they all fight to get in and see what's for dinner! One chicken yesterday was seperated from the others, they had found shade and all settled in, she was searching around, then the "Queen" (loudest) Guinnea called out here Buck Wheat tune and the chicken went running over to the flock!

Thanks, I tryed to order some but they're were out of stock until June or something.
barnie.gif

So I called a breeder and he said he'd make me a good deal on guineas. I'll get them the middle of May. He said he could give me a good assortment of colors! YEAH! And I also told him to save me some silkie chicks as well!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom