Has anyone ever used Angel Food Ministries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, i have! wasn't sure if i liked it and stopped. I need to start up again.

And Katy, i understand where you are coming from but everyone needs a little help. Even poor chicken owners...lol It's like the homeless with pets, guess they figure they will share to get a compainion.

i also feed 2 mouths that aren't my own~ And they aint chickens............lol

Quote:
This is available to everyone Katy, not just 'the poor'. And the only reason I have enough to buy feed for my birds is because I sell all my quails' eggs. Once they stop laying this winter, I'll be hurting.

But it's not for 'poor people', it says that right on the site. The reason they get the food so inexpensively is because they use large suppliers, so they get it at a discount.

I see nothing wrong with saving some money.
smile.png

Quote:
This is available to everyone Katy, not just 'the poor'. And the only reason I have enough to buy feed for my birds is because I sell all my quails' eggs. Once they stop laying this winter, I'll be hurting.

But it's not for 'poor people', it says that right on the site. The reason they get the food so inexpensively is because they use large suppliers, so they get it at a discount.

smile.png

If you can do it and it not bother your conscience then I guess that's your business.....I couldn't.

Just because there are no guidelines and criteria to meet doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

I still say if you have the money to keep birds you shouldn't be using a food service that was started to help those who are struggling financially.

Shelleyd...a couple of days ago you were considering spending big bucks on some geese you want. I have no clue if you will follow thru on buying those geese or not. That is your business BUT if you can do that and still buy a food box from a source that was started to help those struggling to feed their families I would say you need to rethink some things. If you have so many birds that you can't afford to feed them or your kid maybe you should think about selling most of your birds.

I'm sure I'll be reported for being mean again....go right ahead. I think there are times people need to called on their behaviors.

Not that it's any of your business, but those birds I am considering getting would be an investment.
smile.png

I get a set amount of money twice a year, so at this point in time I would have enough to get those birds. It would hurt me initially, but it should pay off in the long run.

Last edited:
Quote:

smile.png

If you can do it and it not bother your conscience then I guess that's your business.....I couldn't.

Just because there are no guidelines and criteria to meet doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

I still say if you have the money to keep birds you shouldn't be using a food service that was started to help those who are struggling financially.

Shelleyd...a couple of days ago you were considering spending big bucks on some geese you want. I have no clue if you will follow thru on buying those geese or not. That is your business BUT if you can do that and still buy a food box from a source that was started to help those struggling to feed their families I would say you need to rethink some things. If you have so many birds that you can't afford to feed them or your kid maybe you should think about selling most of your birds.

I'm sure I'll be reported for being mean again....go right ahead. I think there are times people need to called on their behaviors.

Why do you have to go call people out like that?
Youve stated your piece... You wouldnt use it because you have chickens. OK we get that.

Since you do not agree with the topic and dont have anything else to add please move on instead of making a fuss.

Quote:
It's not a charity. It's cooperative bulk buying. The more people that participate, the cheaper it is for the poor. If you participate, you are taking nothing from anybody. I use it, and my conscience is clear.

Quote:

smile.png

Please research the program before becoming so judgemental. People of all economic levels are welcome and encouraged to use the program. The more people that participate, the lower the bulk prices. The more the merrier. Let's not be high and mighty about things we don't understand.

I have to admit, I was wondering about using a "charity" type organization for savings if you really don't NEED it...but then I read this on the site...people are encouraged to use it. I don't think it's immoral to use this service...they are obviously getting large discounts because of volume...and if they make a tiny bit of profit off of those packages, they can use it for real charity work. It seems to me like a win-win situation.

Here's the quote from the site:

"There are no qualifications, minimums, income restrictions, or applications.

Everyone is encouraged to participate. Some churches even encourage participants to apply the money they saved to help someone else in need."

Quote:
It's not based on income, and everyone who ORDERS a box, gets a box. You would be surprised at how many low income families in our area DON'T use the AFM.

I'm really glad that you are in a position that you'll never need any assistance, but you could buy from AFM and give it to a family in need, since you're doing so well.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom