Has anyone gotten chicks from the Chick Depot in Gladwin, MI?

I checked their site, and did not find,,,,"PICKUP ONLY" but that is not important. It all depends on how many chicks you want to buy, and will you get what you want. (pullets, or mixed straight-run). You would of course need to be reassured that your order is ready for pickup,,,,, before you make the journey. Phone contact would be easiest, and most reassuring.
Your own pickup assures you will get live chicks home. :love 2 hour trip for chicks is easy to handle.
You need to consider if it is worth the 200 mile round trip. Are there options available to get chicks from Feed Stores??. (somewhere closer to you?) I know that some feed stores near me are getting ready to have chick days.. My locale is of course further for you than the hatchery.
BTW,,,,, every time I run across one of your posts, I cant shake out of my head the PB.
One of my favorite toast toppings:drool:drool:drool, followed by preserves.:drool:drool:drool

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

BTW,,,,, every time I run across one of your posts, I cant shake out of my head the PB.
Yup, PB for that wonderful stuff, peanut butter. It's also my initials. Fitting, as I looooove PB.

TSC near me has chick days already. Dave (I can't keep calling him "the guy at TSC") told me that they do get Blue Australorps in some times. I thought I saw 2 there yesterday, but their minimum is 4. He also told me where they get their chicks (not Chick Depot), so I've been checking that hatchery's website -- Townline -- to watch for the Blues on their "currently available" tab. So far, nada, and they cater to the big flock crowd, with a minimum of 25, I think.

I would make the 200 mile trip in a second to get Blues. I am ga-ga in love with them, after seeing other people's birds here on TSC. I have three Black Aussies, and like the breed for its quietness, both personality and noise level. I'm out in the country and I have a cockerel, so noise is not a concern, but I just like the disposition of my girls.

I just checked, the owner of Chick Depot says June is the earliest. So... We'll see!

Thanks for your input.

My advice is don’t buy from them, I ordered chicks at the beginning of April and my order still hasn’t been fulfilled and it’s mid August! Nothing but excuses as to why the chicks weren’t ready. Asked for a refund and was only given a small partial one, now I have to go through my credit card company just to get the rest of my money back. Seriously not happy. Don’t waste your time or money.

My advice is don’t buy from them, I ordered chicks at the beginning of April and my order still hasn’t been fulfilled and it’s mid August! Nothing but excuses as to why the chicks weren’t ready. Asked for a refund and was only given a small partial one, now I have to go through my credit card company just to get the rest of my money back. Seriously not happy. Don’t waste your time or money.
You are the lucky one. Be thankful you never got them. Myself and many that got chicks or hatching eggs lost all of the ones we got from her and the rest of our older flicks! So be thankful. The little bit of loss is nothing compared to the hundreds and some spent thousands because of sick chickens. So shameful.

I know this is an old thread but I just want to warn people NOT to buy anything from The Chick Depot in Michigan. I ordered over $200 worth of chicks February of 2023. After getting a lot of runaround, and after many emails and phone calls that have gone mostly unanswered, and after a promise a few months ago of a refund that night via venmo, it's 13 months later and I can't get the chicks I ordered, or a refund.

Back
Top Bottom