Has anyone had a successful hatch at 60% humidity????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dandydoodle, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Has anyone had a successful hatch at 60% humidity and then 70% at lockdown???? Anybody even have one little one hatch out with this humidity???

2. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Need advice I am on day 20 should I decrease the humidity. I was following the direction off a site I found. I have found a thread that says it should be 45 or 50. I am so confused now. I don't want to drowned them if I haven't already. [​IMG]

3. crazyeggs

crazyeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Vermont
    My first try at hatching I had 85% humidity during lockdown with a 75% hatch rate. I think it all depends on the person and what works for them. I have 9 eggs in lockdown right now at 65% himiditiy.

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

have you candled them recently?.. if you did.. how big was the air cell and was there any liquid in the air cell?..

if the air cell was large enough and is not filled with fluid they should hatch fine on their own..
    if the air cell is tiny then the chick may be too large to hatch by itself..
    if there is fluid in the air cell then the chick will probably drown when it internally pips... if there is fluid you CAN try to remove it manually.. but you would need to be very careful so you don't accidentally cause them to be shrink wrapped

5. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    I had a 100% hatch rate with shipped eggs on 70% humidity the last day of the hatch. I also kept one bedroom window open during the day. Have any hatched? What are you hatching?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by