Has anyone had a successful hatch at 60% humidity????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandydoodle

Songster
9 Years
Sep 21, 2010
georgia
Has anyone had a successful hatch at 60% humidity and then 70% at lockdown???? Anybody even have one little one hatch out with this humidity???

Need advice I am on day 20 should I decrease the humidity. I was following the direction off a site I found. I have found a thread that says it should be 45 or 50. I am so confused now. I don't want to drowned them if I haven't already.
hit.gif

My first try at hatching I had 85% humidity during lockdown with a 75% hatch rate. I think it all depends on the person and what works for them. I have 9 eggs in lockdown right now at 65% himiditiy.

have you candled them recently?.. if you did.. how big was the air cell and was there any liquid in the air cell?..

if the air cell was large enough and is not filled with fluid they should hatch fine on their own..
if the air cell is tiny then the chick may be too large to hatch by itself..
if there is fluid in the air cell then the chick will probably drown when it internally pips... if there is fluid you CAN try to remove it manually.. but you would need to be very careful so you don't accidentally cause them to be shrink wrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom