Has anyone had fever dreams before?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Alicia G, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Well I get sick quite often, and sometimes I get these 'fever dreams'. Well Iv'e been sick for the past week, and every night I have been having them. I have had a mild fever for the past week anyways, but I just find it so strange that I am having these dreams so much....
    I have gone to the doctor BTW, so no worries there! I'm just curios to see if anyone else has had them [​IMG]

2. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Oh Yeah. I have vivid dreams to begin with, then add a fever and I have the most interesting and strange epic sagas for dreams.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    As a kid I had vivid 'fever' dreams. One of a large green snake coming out of a Saltine cracker box is as vivid in my mind as when it happened 65 years ago. [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    A few years ago I was sick with the flu. After a massive dose of NyQuil I went to sleep. I dreamed I was being abducted my aliens. I was asleep in my bed and saw them standing at my door. They said they had come for me and one put his hand around my neck. I threw my glasses at them, threw my box of tissue, and kicked him in the groin ( I assume it was a him). I couldn't breathe and started choking so I bit him on the thumb.

He released me with a shout and showed his injured hand to his partner. As I sputtered for breath the two seemed fascinated I had bit one of them. They studied the teeth marks with intense concentration.

"She bit me!"

"Better leave her alone. She's a biter."

"I thought she was sick?"

"Come on. Leave her."

And they left.

Of course they had to shine the light in the window until I was fully awake. And anybody who has taken NyQuil knows how that stuff will hang on.

In the morning I found my glasses and tissues on the floor.

So, if you are ever abducted by aliens remember to bite them on the thumb.

5. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Quote:X2.

I was very sick recently and had a fever for a few days. My BF told me that I woke up one night and it made him wake up. He asked me if I was ok, and I said "If only I could close the rectangle, everything would have been ok!" I don't remember that OR the dream at all.

I hope you feel better soon, Alicia!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by