Has anyone hatched in a Brinsea Octogon 20?

I bought the Octagon 20 Eco too, and mine are scheduled to hatch on April 15th!
It does look crowded, so I am glad to actually understand that the bars are to be removed when I take it off the auto turner.
I have such a mix of sizes in there that I am concerned they will hurt each other...

Button quail (added a few days late so they hatch same day), Nankins, Silkies, Guinea and monster A+ sized eggs from my sisters mystery birds- BO X Leghorn maybe.

The humidity has hovered around 35% for the whole time, so I am trying to figure out how to up the humidity for hatching. Are you doing sponges or just hanging tight?

Quote:
WOW!!!
Does the 40 have the digital read outs and auto humidity control?
Are you weighing the eggs? How did you do your humidity? Method, levels, etc.

You are the master with 4 100% hatches.
You either are doing everything right with a incredible machine or the egg goddess loves you!

Quote:
WOW!!!
Does the 40 have the digital read outs and auto humidity control?
Are you weighing the eggs? How did you do your humidity? Method, levels, etc.

You are the master with 4 100% hatches.
You either are doing everything right with a incredible machine or the egg goddess loves you!

It has a digital read out, but no auto humidity control. I think I can puchase that seperate.

I dont weigh the eggs. I don't pay attention to the humidity the first 18 days. I just watch the air sac to see that it is growing at the proper speed. If I see the air sac is a little small, I will mist the individual eggs, which helps the air sac to lose moisture and get larger.

Then, on day 18 I do move them to a different incubator to hatch, at 65% humidity.

Right now, I have 4 call duck eggs in the incubator on day 25. 2 have pips. So we will see how many hatch.

Well we have a pip. And my husband said he is seeing some rocking. So hopefully we will have some hatch. It is so hard not to open the incubator and check them but I know that I have to back up and keep my hands off.

jumpy.gif
Best of luck on your hatch!

pop.gif

I have a 20 advance (w/ humidity thingy & turner)... I am on day 4.

It has been perfect so far! I am nervous enough about the hatch. I am so glad that I don't have to worry about the incubator too!

Good Luck!

I bought the octogon 20 eco, but it was outof stock when I bought it so I haven't got it yet. Can't wait to try it out and see how it works!

Still only have the one pip. When I checked them at 2 this morning some had rolled to the side and I heard a peep. I am wondering if 24 eggs were to many because they can't all roll to the side.

Can anyone tell me if it makes a difference? Side or round end up? Also will I lose the egg that pipped yesterday if it ddoes not hatch within a certain time?

fl.gif
n off to work. Today is day 20 hopefully there will be some action around here today.

Thanks to all,

Susan

Back
Top Bottom