has anyone heard of Symmetric Lupoid Onychodystrophy in dogs?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gale65, Aug 2, 2011.

1. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

I think our dog has this. She's been losing claws on one paw and now one is lifting on another. There's no easy way to confirm diagnosis so we're just going on symptoms right now. The vet put her on an antibiotic for a bacterial infection on one foot and Deramaxx for pain. I'm returning the Deramaxx for Tramadol after reading and hearing about too many problems with it. I found a yahoo group dedicated to this disease too. It is heartbreaking to see our dog in pain and not being able to do anything for her. [​IMG] I'm also giving her fish oil every day now.

SLO information

2. seabreeze

seabreeze Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Scio, OR
    I'm so sorry to read this, is your dog perhaps Greyhound, GS or Labrador (or a mix thereof?) Have you thought about adding immune boosters to the food? I've read that a few people have had success in boosting their affected dog's immune system and this is an immune related problem. I'm so sorry for your dog and you, hang in there and maybe the immune boosters will help!

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

It's a good thing you are such good owners![​IMG] I've never heard of this before!

4. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

She is a lab mix. I haven't heard about using immune boosters but I'll be sure to look that up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by