Has anyone ordered from a company

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cetawin, May 7, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    named Randall Burkey? A friend here locally is considering ordering from them and asked if I knew anything about them. I do not, so I thought I would check here. Any info you can give me would be helpful.

Here is a link to their site...I searched for them online after she mentioned them...

http://www.randallburkey.com/departments.asp?dept=2

Thanks....

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm asking too. Has anyone heard of or had experience with Randall Burkey. They've sent me a catalog and I just viewed their website. They say they've been in biz since 1947.

Please drop a line telling your experience with them.

Thanks

3. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I have not ordered from them but just got their catalog and I think you can find things for a better price at Cutler Supply and Jeffers for less

4. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Just saw they are in Boerne, TX! Thats a highway away for me. Never even knew about them! Thanks. Shipping looks to be very expensive. I live maybe 15-20 min. away from there and it quoted me 32.51 on shipping charges! Maybe I can just drive over there instead. [​IMG]

5. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know if they're chicks are good. They have a rare breed that I like, Barred Hollands... and they're supposedly sexed. [​IMG]

Anyone get chicks from them?

6. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    I've ordered from them in the past.I liked the products they were good quality.I know sometimes seeing something pictured in a catalog may look just like a competitors product so it is hard to go by that.
    I bought some of those black coop cups and really liked them.Many of these break when it gets cold but the ones I bought there held up great.Shipping wasn't too bad,but I'm sure that depends on the size and weight. I wouldn't be afraid to give them a good reference. Pretty quick shipper too if I remember right.
    Will

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by