Has anyone purchased a door from cooptender.com?

We purchased the Electric Automatic Door with Wifi module. My husband just got the wifi piece working and we are very happy with it. I think it's worth the cost.

So excited! My CoopTender door was delivered today! I hope we can install it tomorrow. I got the electric with the backup battery, wifi and the accessory and heat control module.

MaraC, please let us know how you like the door with the wifi and accessories once it's up and running. We're talking about adding the add-ons but haven't yet.

Aart, thanks for the link. Wish I had read that before I purchased everything. I might have changed my mind. We have installed the door, wifi module and accessory and heat module. The door and wifi are working though it's only been a few days and I haven't hooked up the water heater or lights yet. Time will tell how it will all work though I am feeling a bit uncomfortable about it after reading that review.

Aart, thanks for the link. Wish I had read that before I purchased everything. I might have changed my mind. We have installed the door, wifi module and accessory and heat module. The door and wifi are working though it's only been a few days and I haven't hooked up the water heater or lights yet. Time will tell how it will all work though I am feeling a bit uncomfortable about it after reading that review.
It is concerning.
OTOH, I'm using the Ador1 auto door, and there are some horror stories on this one, too (although more happy ones, I'll admit).
I found these reviews after I'd purchased it, as well.
However, mine has been working flawlessly for 6 months, through sub freezing weather, etc.
So you could very well be fine.

Lynne's, I looked at so many reviews for different doors and didn't feel fabulous about any one but the features on the coop tender got me. I knew it was too new to have that many reviews but decided to take a chance. I think all the doors that have been around a while do have their share of negative reviews. In any case so far they have been very helpful over the phone and have emailed me and left detailed messages in order to answer some of my questions prior to my purchase and after as well. If it all works I will be thrilled.

Last edited:
Lynne's, I looked at so many reviews for different doors and didn't feel fabulous about any one but the features on the coop tender got me. I knew it was too new to have that many reviews but decided to take a chance. I think all the doors that have been around a while do have their share of negative reviews. In any case so far they have been very helpful over the phone and have emailed me and left detailed messages in order to answer some of my questions prior to my purchase and after as well. If it all works I will be thrilled.
I have to agree with you. It seems to be a mixed bag.

There do seem to be others who are thrilled with this door, and IF the wifi works, it is a wonderful option.

Quote: True that there are defective units with most any product......and you never know all of both sides of the stories/reviews/communications when bad things happen.
I saw the terrible review thread and did a search out of curiosity, only found this one thread, so thought I'd link them.

Back
Top Bottom