STAY AWAY FROM URBAN NORTHERN COOPS based out of Marysville, WA, formally known as The Chickenpen Company

Garrab

In the Brooder
May 20, 2023
I purchased a coop from Urban Northern Coops, formally known as The Chickenpen Company, before I read their reviews on the BBB. I was not confident about their product after reading the reviews so I contacted them and asked them if they could stand by their product. They came back with a bunch of legal jargon, saying that I signed something that would require 25% restocking fee, even if I was unsatisfied with their product and I would have to pay for shipping to and from Washington. In other words, they could not stand by their product. She was rude and condescending and so I was rude back. She then canceled my order and told me it would cost ME 25%! Not only that, they tried to deliver the coop twice, which I denied shipment, but they were clearly trying to “stick” me with it, so that I would have to pay for shipping it back to Washington… after THEY canceled the order. Not only that, once we took them to the BBB, my husband got spammed and started getting thousands of spam emails and his credit card number was stolen and somebody charged a $700 iPad on his credit card. We had to shut down his email account and his credit card because of Urban Northern Coops. They are now under an internal investigation with the police department and the fraud department. This company is run by criminals. STAY AWAY. You can read all the negative reviews on the BBB. Whoever gave them a positive review obviously works there. This company is as crooked as they come. Not only that, my husband is a disabled vet and they would not honor a veteran discount… Instead, they sold his email and credit card number. This is how they treat people who have fought for our country. Michelle who works there was rude and condescending, all because I asked them if they could stand by their product and told them if it was not as described then I would dispute charges. These people are horrible and need to be shut down.

Last edited:
I purchased a coop from Urban Northern Coops, formally known as The Chickenpen Company, before I read their reviews on the BBB. I was not confident about their product after reading the reviews so I contacted them and asked them if they could stand by their product. They came back with a bunch of legal jargon, saying that I signed something that would require 25% restocking fee, even if I was unsatisfied with their product and I would have to pay for shipping to and from Washington. In other words, they could not stand by their product. She was rude and condescending and so I was rude back. She then canceled my order and told me it would cost ME 25%! Not only that, they tried to deliver the coop twice, which I denied shipment, but they were clearly trying to “stick” me with it, so that I would have to pay for shipping it back to Washington… after THEY canceled the order. Not only that, once we took them to the BBB, my husband got spammed and started getting thousands of spam emails and his credit card number was stolen and somebody charged a $700 iPad on his credit card. We had to shut down his email account and his credit card because of Urban Northern Coops. They are now under an internal investigation with the police department and the fraud department. This company is run by criminals. STAY AWAY. You can read all the negative reviews on the BBB. Whoever gave them a positive review obviously works there. This company is as crooked as they come. Not only that, my husband is a disabled vet and they would not honor a veteran discount… Instead, they sold his email and credit card number. This is how they treat people who have fought for our country. Michelle who works there was rude and condescending, all because I asked them if they could stand by their product and told them if it was not as described then I would dispute charges. These people are horrible and need to be shut down.
THANK -YOU!! I was going to order a coop from them. So glad I read your review first.

Back
Top Bottom