Has anyone purchased chicks from Hilltop Farms in California? *Do not buy from Hilltop Farms! Negative experiences are in the thread!!!*

Mycoplasma can have many symptoms but some of the main symptoms are eye bubbles, swelling, sneezing, raspy/gurgly breathing, cough, etc. So far the only symptom I have are the two hens with eye bubbles. I’m keeping a closed flock until I can get either a positive or negative diagnosis of this! Trying to see where I can get some testing done.
If you find somewhere, please let me know. Do you have a picture of what the eyse would look like? I have no idea what I'm looking for.

If you find somewhere, please let me know. Do you have a picture of what the eyse would look like? I have no idea what I'm looking for.
0393375A-4F64-4E18-9290-6885578090B4.jpeg

Here’s what her bubbly eye looks like. It’s looks so bad but she’s acting 100% normal and still laying perfect eggs. I’m looking into getting testing done through UC Davis… I’m trying to see if I can send a swab without a vet because I really don’t want to have to pay 100s of dollars to get testing done through a vet consultation.

View attachment 3560727
Here’s what her bubbly eye looks like. It’s looks so bad but she’s acting 100% normal and still laying perfect eggs. I’m looking into getting testing done through UC Davis… I’m trying to see if I can send a swab without a vet because I really don’t want to have to pay 100s of dollars to get testing done through a vet consultation.
Thank you! What a beautiful hen! I don't see anything like that, but the description is perfect. I sure hope you find a way and that this dishonest businessman did not infect your entire flock.

Thank you! What a beautiful hen! I don't see anything like that, but the description is perfect. I sure hope you find a way and that this dishonest businessman did not infect your entire flock.
I didn’t see symptoms in my adult hens for almost 3 months after having contact with the Hilltop chicks! This sucks so bad because my flock has never been sick in the few years I have them and now I potentially have a lifelong respiratory disease!!! Already lost over $100 and now I have a chronic disease that will prevent me from getting any new chickens. Ugh I feel so bad for my flock because they’re such healthy pretty girls that now have to suffer through a terrible disease!

I didn’t see symptoms in my adult hens for almost 3 months after having contact with the Hilltop chicks! This sucks so bad because my flock has never been sick in the few years I have them and now I potentially have a lifelong respiratory disease!!! Already lost over $100 and now I have a chronic disease that will prevent me from getting any new chickens. Ugh I feel so bad for my flock because they’re such healthy pretty girls that now have to suffer through a terrible disease!
So wrong! I am so sorry! I only have one Hilltop lady left, and she seems healthy, and is growing at a normal rate. IT's criminal what this establishment is doing to people's flocks!

I placed an order for 8 chicks from Hilltop Farms here in Southern California. I’m wondering if those of you who have gotten chicks from them had a good experience with them? I chose Hilltop because they are local, Npip, and they had Russian Orloffs which I have wanted for a long time! I’m interested in knowing if your chicks were healthy, good quality, and anything else you want to add about them! If you could, I would love to see some pictures of the chickens that you got from them! I ordered 2 olive eggers, 1 Salmon Faverolles, 2 Russian Orloffs, 1 bbs Ameraucana, 1 lavender Ameraucana, and 1 mottled Java. Thanks in advance!
Hi I would advise to stay away I first ordered chickens from hilltop farm because it is 2 hours away from me so I thought the chicks would come fast they didn’t come for 1 year and they didn’t give me the right breeds on top of that they came infected with fowlpox I had to take them to the vet worst experience ever I advise getting chickens online from chicken backyards they are the best hatchery I have purchased through and will purchase again

Don't trust Hilltop Farms. I had chicks shipped to me and they arrived on time after a two day journey. The chicks did not have enough hydration to last the scheduled travel. Some chicks were dead on arrival and many died hours after arrival. All the surviving chicks were weak and in poor condition from being so dehydrated. They were in a box that was so small they couldn't stand. I don't know if the chicks were sick before they were packaged but the chicks have been sick and almost all of them died over the coming weeks. I asked for a partial refund from the company and they won't give me one. They want me to get a refund from the postal service. This is a farm issue and it is very unethical for this farm to scam the postal service and it's customers this way. Please don't buy from Hilltop Farms.

Hi I would advise to stay away I first ordered chickens from hilltop farm because it is 2 hours away from me so I thought the chicks would come fast they didn’t come for 1 year and they didn’t give me the right breeds on top of that they came infected with fowlpox I had to take them to the vet worst experience ever I advise getting chickens online from chicken backyards they are the best hatchery I have purchased through and will purchase again
Talk with your bank about the situation and dispute by force. Bank will support you and if it’s repetitive from same hatchery company. I did disputed got all 100% money back

Yes, about 4 years ago. Most awful experience ever. I was able to go directly to the farm to pick up my pullets. Farm seemed clean. Fellow was friendly. Pullets were about 3 weeks old. I bought 6 all died in succession. One died within a week, then another, then I was able to grow 2 Orpington to about 15 weeks then they both died with markeks like symptoms within a week. Miraculously 1 barred rock lasted about a year and also mysteriously died. I tried contacting him. The following morning i brought them home cause one was wheezing and lethargic and he assured me “it was normal.” he initially responded and then appeared to block me (or just not respond). In the coming days. I had been very polite in my texts. I know other locals to the area that have got birds from them and had the EXACT same experience. It is very convenient for me to pick up chicks there….but would I ever again? NO!!!
This was my first experience with chickens and I thought chickens were just sickly creatures. Since then I’ve ordered from 3 other hatcheries and NEVER had any issues coming even slightly close to what I experienced there. Idk what’s wrong with their flock but it’s something significant!!!

same experience here! I have one survivor out of 5. I sure hope she lasts more than a year! Tiffany at Buckaboo farms is great and she’s slid local in Tustin ca

Back
Top Bottom