Has anyone read the "new" theory/drinking warm beverages after eating?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whispering Winds, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I have read this lately in more than one spot. The asians always drink warm tea with or after their meals, one article said, and it keeps the fats we eat with our foods from "settling" in our arteries. I thought it was interesting, and sort of made sense if you read the articles. I love hot tea, so try to do it now if I eat something really horrific.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Mmmm tea! Wouldn't hurt to try, and this is the perfect season to start. It's funny you brought it up- I just ordered Zen Macrobiotic Cooking (c.1968), have to see if it says anything in there about it.

3. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    Were they talking about green tea specifically? Green tea has "thermogenic" properties... it stimulates the metabolism and burns more calories even if the person's activity level does not increase.

4. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

No, I think it was any hot beverage. I love green tea, can never forget the first time I had it, at a chinese restuarant and I thought they were giving me spoiled tea, it was so different. But, I love it now. I order an herbal mix that if you drink it every day for 2 weeks it will detox your system. I have never made it to two weeks, but going to give it another try.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by