Has anyone read this book?

Chick1043

Songster
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Idaho
Has anyone read 'Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd'? If so what's your input on it? I found it pretty good except all the baptist and catholic stuff was really weird. Obviously the author wasn't baptist or catholic. I'm catholic and everything was wrong in that book. My brother is a baptist and he said the same thing!
lol.png

I LOVED the book. I actually reread it the other day. I liked the movie but I prefer the book.

Quote:
Yes. The book is always better! How was the movie? I kinda wanna see it! Or would it ruin the book? By the way, do you know of any book similar to secret life of bees?

Last edited:
I read it about 6 or so years ago and truthfully I thought it was just a bland story. I read it without any emotions towards the book except that I thought it was boring. jmo

Quote:
Some people like different books:) It made me see that people can be good writers as long as they know what they're writing about.

Quote:
Yes. The book is always better! How was the movie? I kinda wanna see it! Or would it ruin the book? By the way, do you know of any book similar to secret life of bees?

I really liked the movie. The actresses did an excellent job of portraying the characters. I think you should watch it. It was good it just didn't have as much details as the book. Also sadly I don't. I wish she would make a sequel.

I really liked the movie. The actresses did an excellent job of portraying the characters. I think you should watch it. It was good it just didn't have as much details as the book. Also sadly I don't. I wish she would make a sequel.

I put it on hold at the library:) I saw the trailer and it looked pretty good! :)

Back
Top Bottom