Has anyone read this book?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chick1043, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Has anyone read 'Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd'? If so what's your input on it? I found it pretty good except all the baptist and catholic stuff was really weird. Obviously the author wasn't baptist or catholic. I'm catholic and everything was wrong in that book. My brother is a baptist and he said the same thing! [​IMG]

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I LOVED the book. I actually reread it the other day. I liked the movie but I prefer the book.

3. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:Yes. The book is always better! How was the movie? I kinda wanna see it! Or would it ruin the book? By the way, do you know of any book similar to secret life of bees?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I read it about 6 or so years ago and truthfully I thought it was just a bland story. I read it without any emotions towards the book except that I thought it was boring. jmo

5. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:Some people like different books:) It made me see that people can be good writers as long as they know what they're writing about.

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Quote:Yes. The book is always better! How was the movie? I kinda wanna see it! Or would it ruin the book? By the way, do you know of any book similar to secret life of bees?

I really liked the movie. The actresses did an excellent job of portraying the characters. I think you should watch it. It was good it just didn't have as much details as the book. Also sadly I don't. I wish she would make a sequel.

7. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    I put it on hold at the library:) I saw the trailer and it looked pretty good! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by