has anyone recently ordered from murray mcmurray?

fowlmamma

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
northeastern pa
did anyone order polish chicks from this hatchery? i ordered 16 chicks and they are dying day by day and they have little to none poof on their heads i am down to just 5 . any commentswould help

I got 31 chicks from MMH (and got a free polish) in April and still haven't lost any (knock on wood). I made sure they had good food (even put it in warm water to entice them to eat twice a day) and did scrambled eggs daily for the first 2 weeks to give them an extra boost.
Is it warm enough in your brooder? Do your chicks have normal poos? What are you feeding?

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, it must be frustrating. There's a lot of great people on this board so if you can post more information they might be able to help.

Quote:
i feed them chick starter and i also do the eggs and the vitamins when they came.they had runny yellow goop all around their bottoms when they died. i have raised and hatched 100's of chicks and never had this happen before plus their top hats arent there like they should my other polish chicks i hatched had beautiful top hats . today i came home and i have none left. im so upset i loved those darn chicks. tomorrow im going to call murray mcmurray and tell them what happened

I have two polish from mcmurray that are 4 months old and they are beautiful. I ordered a batch from them and lost 2 rare breeds but Mcmurray was great about crediting me for the losses. I was very happy with my girls.

sulmet sulmet sulmet:) anytime you recieve shipped chicks you should use sulmet in their water-it's helps de-stress them from the traveling bigtime..also cuts down on pasty butt for sure-.Im sorry about your loss

So sorry about your chicks, I know how hard that is. You get all excited about you new little fuzzy butts and then loose them all. I definitely would call MMH. They are very helpful when there is a problem. (at least they have been for my friend who has been ordering from them for years) When we got our 30 chicks from them, all did great and all of the polish we got had lovely little top-hats. I wonder how the weather was when they were shipped. From your first post, it sounds like they were very young when they started dying, so perhaps they encountered some sort of shipping stress. Maybe mcmurray would replace at least some of them.

I ordered 100 bantams from them a few years ago, and when I got them 7 were dead and 3 or 4 died that day and that week I lost 20! And then I lost abunch more and then I had 15, now I don't even have that many I have probably 3 or 4 left!!! I'm NEVER ordering from Murry Mcmurry Hatchery Ever Again!

so i called them today. i was very nice to the man and told him the situation he explained that the policy was two days after recieving they are not responsible and he did not know what to tell me about the chicks dying but after awhile i told him my 4 year old son was going to show these chickens at the county fair and now they are all gone well that must have softened his heart and he said he will ship out all new chicks this week or give me a refund well the sucker i am i took new chicks because i cant say no to chicks so next monday we will give this another go .
fl.gif
this has made my day and im so happy because i have had one of the worst weeks.

Back
Top Bottom