Has anyone seen a ducks bill like this?

Do any of you know of a way I could make Roses nares bigger? I feel like she's been struggling to breath a lot more lately. And it's really worrying me I want her to be happy but having a hard time breathing is not a good way to live so I want to find out if I could make her nares bigger.
I want to contact a vet that treats ducks and see if they'll be able to tell me if there is something I can do to help Rose breath better.
I just don't know of any vets that could help.
I feel so bad for Rose, it's so hard to see her having a hard time breathing. She's still been acting like a normal duck she's been eating and drinking like normal she's been looking a lot more mangey lately but she's also molting right now.
This is one of my most recent pictures of Rose, I think it was taken on August 23rd. And the drakes like to get on her more than the other ducks it seems like.
20220823_183548.jpg

I’d say a visit to a vet would be best they can examine her and tell you if anything can be done. Does she have 2 nare holes? Do they look blocked? If the drakes are over mating her maybe the drakes need some time out to give her and the others a rest.
i feel like driving her to a vet would be really stressful so im not sure if that's a good idea It is a good idea but driving and stuff might be stressful for Rose,I would love to take her in so she could be looked at by a vet I just don't know.
I think she only has one from what I've ever been able to tell. And if she has two the one that I think is none existent is blocked. Rose runs away from me most of the time if I try picking her up or messing with her in any kind of way, the only time she doesn't mind me as much is when there's food involved. I want to work on getting her more comfortable with me.
And we have a new coop that we still have yet to unload from the trailer we put it on to bring it here it's for the chickens as it's not a great design for ducks but it has a run so I want to use that to put some of the ducks in during the day.

You really need to examine her up close. Walk her inside her coop then close the door so you can catch her she isn't going to like it but after you have examined her offer her a treat once she is back outside. They don't hold a grudge. Do you think she is breathing through her mouth?

You really need to examine her up close. Walk her inside her coop then close the door so you can catch her she isn't going to like it but after you have examined her offer her a treat once she is back outside. They don't hold a grudge. Do you think she is breathing through her mouth?
I feel like she's been breathing through her mouth quite a bit.

Its been about 78 to 80 even 90, today I think it's been like 95 degrees or about that hot.
At night it's been getting colder. There's shaded spots and I've been making sure they all have plenty of water so.
80+ is hot enough to make a duck breathe through it mouth more especially for a large duck breed (they have a tendency to overheat more easily). Even with shade and plenty of water on a hot day ducks will still pant if they feel hot. Ducks panting is their body's way of preventing them from overheating similar to how we as humans sweat to prevent overheating.

Back
Top Bottom