Has anyone seen Jack Reacher?

sezjasper

Songster
7 Years
May 6, 2012
Eldersburg, Maryland
I'm a huge fan of Lee Child's "Jack Reacher" book series and was thrilled to hear they were making a movie...until I heard who they cast to play Jack Reacher: Tom Cruise...the total opposite of Jack Reacher in every way imaginable. Has anyone seen the movie? Would love to hear opinions, especially if you're a fan of the books. Thanks!

I saw it a couple weeks ago. I had never heard of the books, and am not a Tom Cruise fan, but I did enjoy the movie. TC has a history of overcoming dubious casting choices, and I'd say he did it again. I found I wanted to talk about the clues with the friends, I was with.

Imp-It was difficult keeping my mouth shut.

I refuse to see the movie. He may have pulled off Lestat, but Reacher's whole thing is his huge physical size. Big and blonde! For lots of book characters I could have gotten over it, but it's his signature physical trait. Just can't see whippy smart-mouth Tom Cruise as my idea of Reacher, thanks.

I did recently watch Rock of Ages and liked Tom Cruise in that. That role seemed made for him!

I'm sure Tom Cruise is a good actor (I did love him in Rain Man...way back when...) but I can't get over his weirdness. And like Donrae said, Cruise is completely wrong physically to "be" Jack Reacher. When I picture Reacher, I think of Nick Nolte in his prime...big and blond and handsome and rough around the edges. Sounds like Reacher and Nolte are my guilty pleasures
droolin.gif
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom