Has anyone seen this coloring on an EE before?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gel2727, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Usually they end up lacing out as adults;) And IMO, nothing beats those beautiful green legs, except their colored eggs:)

2. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    AWW... She's very cute. I love my EE's, they're great!

3. I have one who had mottled dots on her neck and head, not as pronounced as yours. On mine, the spots disappeared and her whole head and chest turned a very light gold; she's gorgeous!

4. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I have 3 that are similar but without the mottling one the hackle feathers. I think she is going to be GORGEOUS!!! You'll have to post more pics in a month or two! I wonder what she'll look like after her first molt?

5. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Very pretty! I also have 3 EE girls with a similar pattern, without the spots. Sure wish I had some of those silver ones.

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:I just stated that the golden color sells better because I raise several during the summer to help pay for my feed costs for my other chickens. I'm not suggesting that you should sell yours.

7. Sequin

Sequin Songster

May 20, 2008
    My favorite EE looks a lot/nearly just like yours(her partridge coloring/stripes are not as distinct, but they are faintly there). So that is what we named her, "Favorite". And like yours she is my lovie-est. She is very calm, gets along well with others, and loves her mama. She is also hard to photograph for some reason. But I think her feathering, like yours, looks like water colors. I just love it! Here's a picture of my Favorite:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. gel2727

gel2727 Songster

May 5, 2009
    CT
    OOOOh, Favorite is very pretty! My Feisty is also starting to get the black cheek feathers coming in, I hope the spots stay too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: