Has anyone shipped eggs via UPS or FedEx?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by australorpchick, Jan 2, 2010.

1. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    I've had it with the Post Office! The rates keeping going up and the service keeps getting worse. My shipped eggs left Austin, which is 45 minutes away from me, on 12/30 at 2:30am for the delivery destination. 2 business days later (not considering the 1st) and the box still hasn't arrived. It's pretty sad that it's going take twice as long to go 45 minutes as it did to cross several states.

Has anyone had any experience shipping/receiving using UPS or FedEx? Obviously 1st class and Priority Mail are a farce. If I'm going to pay extra for fast, reliable service, I'm certainly not going to throw away my money depending on the USPS.

Does UPS or FedEx accept eggs for delivery?

2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    I don't think that UPS or FedEx would know the difference; but, a word of warning with UPS, we shipped a clock with a piece of glass over the face of the clock, and it arrived broken. Very, very broken. So, we took up a complaint with UPS, they offered us $25.00 back from negligence on their part. And, at least 5 months later, no money. We eventually called and threatened with lawyers (I didn't do this; $25.00 or law fees/court sessions? I'll take losing $25.00) So, be careful; we shall never, EVER ship with UPS again.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I used to work the sort at UPS. I Love UPS- but I'd NEVER ship eggs with them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by