Has anyone tried the holographic repellant tape?

No,but I have some reflective insulation tape I bought, and will put some on my coop. Does your tape last long? My red mylar lasted one season,and is quite faded now.

I have not tried the tape yet, I found a company called Night Guard that sells it and wondered if a product like that would work, it looks very interesting. I lost one of my chickens to a hawk, so I would like to try something to deter them. Did you have results with your insulation tape?

I have used it. It doesn't really do much after the first couple weeks. The hawks get used to it. It works better to deter deer from getting into my garden than repelling hawks. It's the same for CDs, pie tins and fake owls. I have tried them all. One of my ducks was killed right underneath a hanging CD by a large Red-Tailed Hawk.

Good luck.

I have used it. It doesn't really do much after the first couple weeks. The hawks get used to it. It works better to deter deer from getting into my garden than repelling hawks. It's the same for CDs, pie tins and fake owls. I have tried them all. One of my ducks was killed right underneath a hanging CD by a large Red-Tailed Hawk.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info on the tape. I saw it on the Nite Guard site and wondered if it worked. I'll save my $19.95. I figured the only bird it would scare would be my Guineas since they get frightened and start raising a rucus when a leaf falls.

I think i'll save my money to, I'm always looking for that magic product. Ha!! Thanks for the info!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom