Has anyone tried this yet?

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
I'm afraid it will catch on fire or soemthing will happen (bad) and my flock will get hurt. Has anyone tried this as a heater in a small coop or...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201031-124811_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201031-124811_Chrome.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20201031-124830_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201031-124830_Chrome.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20201031-124834_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201031-124834_Chrome.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 8
I haven't.... but I'd look at reviews for that product and similar products. Brooders don't catch fire as far as I know as they are used for baby chicks! I wish you the best of luck :)
I did look at the reviews and most of all were good but were all for brooders I wanted mine in my coop. Lol there was only one bad one that said it broke after a week but no fires.

You don’t need to heat a coop in NJ if that’s what you’re looking to do with it.
I know my birds are hardy but I have 1 silkie who cant huddle with the rest because they pick on her. I thought ide put soemthing in to keep them warm until I can figure out to do it without heat. Yes u know the DLM but I wont be able to do that. Sorry I'm trying not to sound like i know everything it's just the way I'm typing 😂

I bought one similar when I had a sick hen last year. I brought her into my basement, put the heater inside a wire dog crate. Worked great until she started feeling better then she would roost on top of it at night and poop all over it. I'd suggest hanging it on the wall.

I bought cozy products chicken heater off of amazon

Hi there!

Lots and lots of discussion on BYC. In general, it's not necessary. But, like anything in life, there are exceptions. Can you provide your silkie a box (like a cat carrier) with some extra woodchips?

The only time my chickens got sick over the winter was when I used a heat lamp, I think it increased the humidity too much. If you block the drafts and use lots of bedding material they should be fine. We also cut a extra window in so it got morning and afternoon sun.

I know my birds are hardy but I have 1 silkie who cant huddle with the rest because they pick on her. I thought ide put soemthing in to keep them warm until I can figure out to do it without heat. Yes u know the DLM but I wont be able to do that. Sorry I'm trying not to sound like i know everything it's just the way I'm typing 😂
Unless you lived somewhere really cold heating a coop is unnecessary. I live in NJ too. If it’s worth the fire risk for zero benefit than be my guest.

Unless you lived somewhere really cold heating a coop is unnecessary. I live in NJ too. If it’s worth the fire risk for zero benefit than be my guest.
Hi there!

Lots and lots of discussion on BYC. In general, it's not necessary. But, like anything in life, there are exceptions. Can you provide your silkie a box (like a cat carrier) with some extra woodchips?
I can provide a place downstairs but she diesnt like being alone so I usually have her in the living room or something

Back
Top Bottom