Has anyone used a table top plucker

cackle

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
North Carolina
The table top plucker would cost about the same as it would cost to build a whizbang. I recently saw one on ebay and was thinking about buying one. But as always I rely on the board for advise and answers.

The ones I have seen coast to much. I am thinking of building an inexpensive one testing it & posting the plans but not in the near future. I have a drill mounted one now that I built. You can check it out in my signature.

Quote:
I agree the whizbang would be the way to go & I'm working my way up to building this but I want to build a inexpensive table top plucker to share the plans with others.

Quote:
i know the whizbangs are great. and i would love to have one. we even bought the book but my husband just is not sure he can build one and slow the motor down. we have to do something these are a week from being ready to process and believe me i am ready.

i am waiting for someone on herre to let me know how much the pulley and shaft would cost but in the meantime i am running out of time.

Last edited:
Quote:
i know the whizbangs are great. and i would love to have one. we even bought the book but my husband just is not sure he can build one and slow the motor down. we have to do something these are a week from being ready to process and believe me i am ready.

i am waiting for someone on herre to let me know how much the pulley and shaft would cost but in the meantime i am running out of time.

I'm not mechanical at all, and I built the plucker AND the scalder for Kimball's plans. They are SO easy to follow.

Quote:

Why don't you purchase those parts from Herrick Kimball?

Quote:

Why don't you purchase those parts from Herrick Kimball?

That's what I did- at least the hard to find parts, like a 15" pulley, the rubber fingers, and the driveshaft.

Well he bought the table top model while I was at work today.
he.gif
I will let you know how it works.

Back
Top Bottom