Pics
Ah, yes, Collies. Yup, them too. And Goldens. But the grooming needs are beyond my abilities now. ;) I would have one of each if I could .... at least!
Have had an Aussie and GSD mix, both blew prodigious coat.
Now have a std poodle, no shedding but keep him cut short every couple months(most the time)..still not sure the grooming time outweighs the vacuuming time:gig.

Thanks, @Cyprus . No worries, DH and "DS" going too! (Actually Dear Grandson but I did not know how to abbreviate) We will be gone all day. No way I could make that kind of trip alone, I can usually manage about a 2- hour stretch before DH has to spell me! :sick

Might I recommend (haven't read the entire post, so sorry if this is a duplicate) --- Have them make an appointment at their veterinarian and MEET THEM THERE. I assume the dog is microchipped, so the vet can scan it in your presence to verify the identity of the dog AND the owner, who they've presumably met, AND give you any pertinent health information.

Might I recommend (haven't read the entire post, so sorry if this is a duplicate) --- Have them make an appointment at their veterinarian and MEET THEM THERE. I assume the dog is microchipped, so the vet can scan it in your presence to verify the identity of the dog AND the owner, who they've presumably met, AND give you any pertinent health information.
Or maybe just get them to email you the dogs vet records and you can call vet to verify.

Or maybe just get them to email you the dogs vet records and you can call vet to verify.

Mostly I'd want the live scan of the ID chip and paperwork they give you when you microchip (chip number, owner) your pet. Then you'd know the vet records are accurate for that particular animal, especially with other pets in the new household to consider. Ours have the chip number with the pet info on the receipts. Even if it's just a quick chip scan with a vet tech or other entity.

Thanks, that's a good idea.... problem is, we're meeting on a Sunday and it's about a 4 hour drive for them as well as for us. I think we'll be okay.

Back
Top Bottom