Has anyone used these adapter sets?

Jul 27, 2022
I'm looking at better feeders and waters for the flock now that they're getting bigger and ready to go in the coop. Has anyone e used these adapter sets? I'd love to see everyone's feeders smd waters.
inbound8220990473417162747.jpg

i love the feeders and my birds love them too ... installed 8 of these on a 20gal trash can and installed some with a slightly larger opening for my Jersey Giant and Bielefelder Roosters (their combs are so tall I was worried they might rub)
My Muscovy and Cayuga like using them too! I would not use another feeder for my adult birds, I love that there is zero waste!!!

I prefer the nipple waterer because my adult chickens tried to step on or sit on these cups and soil the cups with their dirty feet and/or droppings.

i love the feeders and my birds love them too ... installed 8 of these on a 20gal trash can and installed some with a slightly larger opening for my Jersey Giant and Bielefelder Roosters (their combs are so tall I was worried they might rub)
My Muscovy and Cayuga like using them too! I would not use another feeder for my adult birds, I love that there is zero waste!!!

I prefer the nipple waterer because my adult chickens tried to step on or sit on these cups and soil the cups with their dirty feet and/or droppings.
I was looking at the nipple wagerers to. The less waste and mess is what I'm going for!

The ducks know how to drink via these nipples too … I must add though that the ducks expel quiet a bit of water which makes for some mud on the ground in front of the 20gal trashcan waterer … I plan on dumping some river rock just as soon as the summer heat passes!

The water I provide for the ducks to swim in is dirty within minutes of cleaning the pool but these nipples keep the drinking water absolutely 100% clean

I made the DIY feeder with 90 deg elbows, they work good for me. I have no experience with the ports you posted.
I would recommend using horizontal nipples over the cups for the water. They won't get dirty or collect debris in them like the cups do. Also if you live in a cold climate, you can put a stock tank deicer on the bottom of the waterer and the nipples or water will not freeze.

I can go ahead and say...just get the nipples!

I have 12 of these cups installed over 3 different buckets ..and they kick dirt and wood shavings in them...still....I elevated them off the ground and it's a bit better....BUT...also with the nipples you won't spill any water while carrying it...
with the cups...SPLASH!

I can go ahead and say...just get the nipples!

I have 12 of these cups installed over 3 different buckets ..and they kick dirt and wood shavings in them...still....I elevated them off the ground and it's a bit better....BUT...also with the nipples you won't spill any water while carrying it...
with the cups...SPLASH!
Good to know. I'll def be looking into that. Thank you

Will these work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-101620_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220811-101620_Chrome.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 3
I’m assuming you are asking whether that there black contraption will work with the nipple drinker! … I installed the nipple waterer directly into some 5gal buckets and eventually a 20gal trashcan, you do not need that there thAng to install the waterers I referenced earlier in this thread but I suppose you could use them if you want to install the drinking cups you first spoke of 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom