Has anyone used this feeder?

I don't have this one, but my husband made a very similar one out of wood. I like mine. The only problem we had was that we would fill it up with feed and the chickens would scratch every bit of it out on the ground as it fell into the feeding part of the feeder. He crossed some thin pieces of wood (like a tic-tac-toe pattern) and nailed it over the opening and now they can eat out of it without scratching out all the food onto the ground. The wooden one I have like this works great now that he rigged it up so they won't waste the food. They aren't able to get much trash or poop in it either.

I need one that can be mounted on the wall and take up very little space. I'm wondering if this one will hold enough food for my 7 chickens? Right now they're about 7 weeks old, but how much do 7 adult chickens eat in a day? Will it exceed the amount in this feeder? Wouldn't want to refill more than once a day. The price sure is right on this feeder too!
smile.png

My cousin uses this as a supplemental feeder in his run - I think your chickens would probably clean it out in a day if this was their main food supply. The downfall to it is its size only allows 1 or 2 chickens to eat at a time.

Back
Top Bottom