Has anyone's ducks body shivered when in the water?

You could give her a smaller something to wash in like a heavy rubber feed bowl or Cement mixing tub that way she can bathe but not get soaked? I am happy to hear she’s getting better though and the drake too. If you saw a video or info on tube feeding maybe you should think about getting some nourishment into her?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-ducks-updated-5-7-2020.1211994/
If she's not with the other Ducks even if I stick her in something small she will just stand there. She's not able to move her head far enough yet to lift the water from her head to her back when she's dunking it. Just the water from her sitting in a tiny kiddie pool that isn't very deep and me putting water down her back is enough to make her stay wet for a while. She's so swollen that she has a hard time reaching her back to preen, especially under her wings and her hind end which stays pretty wet, even if I try to pat her dry with the towel

Did the vet say the swelling would eventually go down. Bless her heart sure has to be uncomfortable.
Yeah the vet said I should go down within 3 weeks or so. Yes she definitely is uncomfortable to a point, between her leg being sore from injury above it and blowing up like a blimp she has a hard time for sure trying to keep up with the other ducks

I hope she’s back to normal soon. Also I hope how ever that fox got in to them has been fixed they will be back
Oh for sure, we kept them in their indoor/nighttime enclosure in the garage for days because I was concerned the fox would come back and it did, several times. We're working on extra protection for them

Back
Top Bottom