has feed gone up in your area

Any feed that contains corn has increased in price due to an increased demand for corn to be exported to(Guess!) CHINA. At least that is what I was told. This time of the year I am feeding chickens just on the hope of eggs in the Spring! An investment, I believe that's what it's called...
smile.png

welcome to the world of farming !!! yep prices rise & rise and once in a blue moon they will drop just enough to make you think you are getting a bargin.....our layer just jumped $1.25 #50...cracked corn jumped $2.++ per 100#... any & everything with corn in it will be about the same jump....feed mill worker once told me prices reflex price of corn about 6months earlier..so fall prices are what they paid in spring for corn..not sure if he fed me a line or if truth.....remember few yrs ago when gas prices hit all time high..?? cost to stock store shelves also rose..higher prices for everything..one item i was buying on regular basis jumped from $2.75 up to $5.45..and now is $6.85 ..even tho gas prices lowered since then..prices still climb...for over 23 yrs of farming ive seen prices steady climb..but my profit smaller & smaller til past 2 yrs i am spending more in feeds then selling animals for...hogs arent worth raising to sell..costs alot more to raise them then folks are willing to buy when they can easily get groc store prices cheaper...same with almost all livestock... our organic grass /hay beef took a major hit..got $500 a head avg. where few yrs ago got over $850 for same age / weight. sad but always the same story no matter where you live, unless you are a HUGE corporation..and they i do belive control all food sourse prices..be it grains or meat fruits dairy ect ect. being without work here is a daily struggle..all animals are fed & cared for very well..but our groc spending is just basics..lucky for us i do the gardening to fill shelves /freezer.

Back
Top Bottom