Has the Marans Bubble Burst?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by geareduplyn, Mar 16, 2009.

1. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    I was just checking the Eggbid site for the chick listings. There are are only three listings for Marans and only one has a bid. A word of warning if you do want to bid on these. One seller is shipping week old chicks, another wants to ship today chicks that will be two days old. Depending on where you live these could take a long 2 days to arrive. The chances for survival is poor. Be sure you order chicks from someone who at least has some idea about what they are doing, and are considering the welfare of the chicks.

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I think it has eggs that sold 100+$ on ebay are down to 25-30$ maybe. I wonder what the next big thing is.

3. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    BLRW ( blue laced red wyddntte) spelling

4. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    cool deal...I have 8 breeds of marans and a solid line of blrw from the barber line so im happy as can be. The marans have declined and yes the bubble burst but im still getting 50-60 per dozen including shipping and not many breeds can do that. As long as there is a breed like the marans that lay as dark as an egg as they do they will always carry a large premium. No not 100-200 for a half dozen but still well worth raising them. Also people have slowed with what they are spending due to the economy. Either way im happy as I have top of the lines for both. Oh and just in case someone wants to get a start on BLRW I have them for sale as hatching eggs and chicks this spring/early summer.

Brandon

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

That would be nice if it's BLRWs since I have a nice sized flock of nice birds.

6. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    My guess is that Lavender will be the next big thing. I don't think it matters what the breed... Orpingtons, Araucanas or something else... it's just a pretty pretty color.

7. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:I'd put money on that bet. They're gorgeous, whatever the breed!

8. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Yes, lavender anything is next.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Guess I better get to work on a Lavender Wyandotte then. [​IMG]

10. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho