Has this ever happened to you?

redneck farmer

Songster
6 Years
Feb 1, 2013
in the swamp killin hawgs
Sometimes when I see chickens while watching tv or driving around I say "hey look chickens! An that's a *chicken breed* oh look an there is a *chicken breed*" an then my family just looks at me like "what?" Becuase they have no idea what I'm talkin about... Like today we drove by somebody's yard an there was some OEGB chickens an I was like look there is some Old English Game Bantam! An my family looked at me like I was speaking another language... Has that ever happened to you?

Oh, yes, that has happened to me, fairly regularly. One, I LOOK for chickens and coops when I drive around. Sometimes I see places that would be PERFECT for chickens and will say so out loud.

As for seeing them in movies or on TV, I cannot help it. Cracks me up when period pieces ("Vikings" for example) have breeds which were not available back then. I sure don't think the Vikings kept Delawares.... But the gaggle of Toulouse geese were historically correct for the monastery the Vikings sacked. :D

Oh, yes, that has happened to me, fairly regularly. One, I LOOK for chickens and coops when I drive around. Sometimes I see places that would be PERFECT for chickens and will say so out loud.

As for seeing them in movies or on TV, I cannot help it. Cracks me up when period pieces ("Vikings" for example) have breeds which were not available back then. I sure don't think the Vikings kept Delawares.... But the gaggle of Toulouse geese were historically correct for the monastery the Vikings sacked. :D

I do that to! I also point out things that would make great chicken coops :p

The chicken part is new, but I'd been doing it with horses since we were married, so my honey's used to it. Before it was "please turn around, I want to see that Appy's pattern again". Now it's " I think those were barred cochins, can we go back and check?" He's such a good man..............

Hahahahha... always happens to me.... all the family look at me and say like... what are you talking about... you're nuts you and your animals.... lol.... they find it a bit scary.... lol

Usually I get asked oh that's a funny looking chicken what is that? Sometimes we will be at a show or something and I will say that's a "some breed" and look at me like what are you talking about.

Back
Top Bottom