Hatch-A-Long 3.0

This sweet little D'uccle sadly passed away RIP little baby....
IMG_0337.JPG

some Blue egg layer crosses
IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0339.JPG

A BCM X chick
IMG_0340.JPG

This is one of the newest ones.
IMG_0341.JPG

and there is also another D'uccle in the 'bator

Could you elaborate a bit more for those of us still learning? I just see an air cell in the pic. What will you do for that one if anything?
I'm not the greatest person to learn from but okay :)

I am one of the people that help them out if they need it. He piped at the top (pointy end) of the egg. He had not made progress in quite a while so I made the hole a bit bigger so I could watch him since he was malpositioned. he was clicking his beak for about an hour after that so I let him be. I came back and still no progress but he was trying to shimmy around but couldn't and was peeping louder than before so I basically zipped for him carefully breaking off little bits of shell and left a few areas of the membrane to hold the shell so he could push it off easily when he was ready and in under 5 minutes he pushed the shell off and was out and moving about.

It was the first time I had to help a chick and thanks to some articles here on BYC I now have a happy little baby!

I'm not the greatest person to learn from but okay :)

I am one of the people that help them out if they need it. He piped at the top (pointy end) of the egg. He had not made progress in quite a while so I made the hole a bit bigger so I could watch him since he was malpositioned. he was clicking his beak for about an hour after that so I let him be. I came back and still no progress but he was trying to shimmy around but couldn't and was peeping louder than before so I basically zipped for him carefully breaking off little bits of shell and left a few areas of the membrane to hold the shell so he could push it off easily when he was ready and in under 5 minutes he pushed the shell off and was out and moving about.

It was the first time I had to help a chick and thanks to some articles here on BYC I now have a happy little baby!
Awesome thanks that was very easy to understand!

all of the floofers left on Sunday to their new homes!
I did keep 2 spare chicks a Silkie x and an EE x so I will update on my 2 monthly and I'll update on the others when the new owners give me an update :)
I also got 25 meat fluffs (cornish X) on Sunday so atm my 2 have 25 friends until they can go with the other babies.

Back
Top Bottom