Hatch-a-long starting 29th of November

Quote:
Just an update on these...they went into lock down today....

Out of the ones that hatched in our hatch-a-long, already got 2 dozen of the fuzzy butts sold! More room in the brooder now!

24 sold doesnt make quite enough room for 115
hide.gif
lmao

Sorry the pics are late its been hectic around here but here they are almost a week old these are from the hatchalong .. got two brooders full all pharoahs in one and a&ms in the other trying to be color c
cordinated.lol
79101_100_5277.jpg
79101_100_5279.jpg
79101_100_5281.jpg
79101_100_5282.jpg

Quote:
would you be kind enough to post some pictures of your brooders? thanks

Nothing fancy on the brooders here...the first week they live in plastic tubs of some sort or the other in a back room of the house so I can monitor the chicks better, (got a pic of the round one..the rest are rectangle long and flat 16"x36"x12")...then move to an old water trough outside...then to a pen with a light...

52686_imgp6881.jpg

52686_imgp6883.jpg

52686_imgp6887.jpg

Hope this helps or gives you some ideas. I've seen some real nice brooder boxes folks have made, maybe next spring I will too. But plastic cleans well, lite weight so stores easily, and can be disinfected to use with both quail and chicken chicks...If i were to build something from wood and wire...it would be dedicated to bird type.

Quote:
I didn't get in, I moved them out of my garage so they didn't have extended light so they quit laying. Nowww, they are back in garage & back to laying, so I'm ready for the next one.

Back
Top Bottom