Hatch-a-long starting 29th of November

I just found this thread, but wouldn't you know, I happened to set 70 something cots on 11/29 along with you folks.

I'm working hard to keep the humidity around 55-60 and the temp 99-100. Does that sound right? This is only my 2nd attempt to incubate these little guys. The first try didn't work out. So, I'll take all advice I can get.

We have an auto egg turner going, which I didn't have 1st time around. I'm wondering if I'm supposed to take all the eggs out of the turner and lay them on the wire rack in 2 days when it's time to stop turning.

At that time, do I need to make humidity or temp changes?

Quote:
Keep the humidity the same for lockdown, it will most likely rise on it's own.

As for the turners and eggs, you can keep the eggs in the turners, just unplug the turner
smile.png
easy! Good luck on your hatch!

As for others, I am in lockdown with my cbbq eggs! So I will post photos as soon as They hatch. This was the crazy stacking 60-70 little eggs in one of those brinsea mini ecos (has a broken turner).

SaT -sun hatched out 43 out of 112eggs in home ade bator lost 7 does anyone have a fix for splayed legs i have 2 chicks w/ this ?

QChickieMama Welcome!

kmsek There is some good info in the stickies...first question i got do you have your chicks on a good non-slip foundation? If they're on paper, sometimes they cannot get their legs under them. I will admit that I go through so many chicks, that I cull damaged chicks because of the time factor.

Houston, we've got lock-down.

Yikes .. about waited to long for the hatcher.. put them in yesterday evening as i actually set mine on the 28th but it was late that night so i figured it was close enough for the hatchalong. put them in the hatcher last night and they started hatching about 11 today.. had four out so far.. lots lots more to go...lol.. good luck to the rest...

Back
Top Bottom