Hatch-a-long starting 29th of November

bfrancis

Songster
9 Years
Mar 30, 2010
Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
It's a few days off, so you can start collecting your eggs now.

I'm sending some coturnix eggs via an egg train to NW Missouri and am going to set eggs on the 29th. I want to do a "hatch-a-long" with him to compare hatch rates.

My quail do not have an artificial light and are on the ground. Even though this isn't typical breeding season, thought it would be a good experiment to see what happens. Wanted to invite anyone else who wanted to play to join in. It would be interesting to see what kind of results are happening in the different parts of the country/world. Mailed vs. locally procured or even home grown.

Talk about your type of incubator, temp and humidity, how you came by your eggs, if shipped how far they came from and was in the mail, and hatch rate success or even failures. There will be something to learn from everything and it will be fun!

Hopefully looking for tons of pics and fuzzy-butts at the end.

So, who's in?
pop.gif

I'm supposed to be getting some eggs after Thanksgiving but I don't know the exact date. If they arrive before the 29th I will join. I have 71 due the 5th of December.

Last edited:
Aww man, just hatched some....might get in on this, wife is gonna flip

Anyway. I will be using a hovabator 1620n still air converted to forced air via pc fan, hand turned. They will be my own eggs from my wild types outside with 6hours of artifical light given to they at dusk from white christmas lights. Will be running 99.5 and 50% till lockdown when i pump humidity to 70%-80%. I get about four eggs a day so we will see. Will post amount on the 29th.

i will be getting and setting aprox 60 + courtnix eggs tomorrow I will set them in a home ade incubator (styrofoam cooler 40 watt bulb water heater thermostat computer fan (several models of this incubator in archives ) a few extra modifications ) will suscribe to this thread they should hatch 12-10-11 if i get set properly incubator running at 99deg w/ 42 % humidity.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom