1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatch approaching - advice please!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Doszbvnp, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Doszbvnp

Doszbvnp Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    Hiya everyone,
    My speckledy hen is sat on 6 silver birchen pekin eggs and she's been doing a fabulous job. Day 18 will be on Thursday, and I'm just wondering if i need to do anything to her nest to control humidity or if it'll all be sorted itself. Her nest is sawdust and straw, and she's in a nest box that's above floor level.

2. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

You just need to sit back and watch the show... Chickens have been hatching eggs long before the incubator was invented!

Good luck with your hatch.

3. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    Good luck!!!! I want to see pictures!!! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  4. scoopy82

scoopy82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Victoria - Australia!
    I've just hatched in my incubator for the first time, and my next dream is to have a broody hatch! Good luck, your hen will know what to do [​IMG]

5. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    My Japanese Bantam hen Anna, Just went broody right when I get rid of her "husband". I have her on 13 Coturnix Quail eggs due to hatch on June 9th!!! I also just hatched 7 ducklings, I'm getting more eggs tomorrow and will get some through the mail from florida very soon!!! Also have some D'uccles, Jap. Bantam and Favorelles incubating. I'm hooked to hatching!!! I only have 2 incubators and got them in March. So far I"ve hatched out over 50 chicks!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by