*Hatch complete*-hatching in Brower

Farmer Kitty

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 18, 2007
Wisconsin
Well it's Day 18 here again. This time I'm leaving them in the Brower Top Hatch as they are the last eggs in it. This is the first time I will actually be hatching in it!

I started with 9 of my girls' eggs and 6 of my neighbor's girls' eggs. 5 of the neighbor's eggs were infertile and 1 of mine were infertile. I have 9 eggs left in there and due on Thursday!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
Well, day 19 brings falling humidity outside so I'm having to watch the bator's humidity. I think I have it in hand. All last week it was a battle keeping it down and now that it's hatch time it's keeping it up!
wink.png
he.gif

I finally figured out what I needed to do with this browser to get the smilies animated!

Last edited:
Day 20 today. What does the bator need right off this morning? More water! The humidity outside is still dropping so of course, is the bator's.

So far it's all quite in there but, hopefully, by the end of the day I will at least hear or see something. I left the eggs laying on their sides in the bator and didn't use the ring like the last hatches I've had but, I haven't seen any eggs rocking. I did candle before lockdown and could tell they were all alive as I saw movement in each of them.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Kitty!
fl.gif
The humidity level can be very tricky and frustrating as I found out this last hatch.
hmm.png
It was up and down, up and down but I still had 10 babies hatch, so yours will be okay.
smile.png
Lots and lots of good hatching vibes comes your way!
fl.gif
yippiechickie.gif
fl.gif
yippiechickie.gif
fl.gif
yippiechickie.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
With careful watching I'm managing to keep it between the 60-65% but, it means adding water regularly as this outside humidity keeps playing it's game!
barnie.gif

Thankyou gumpsgirl. I sure hope things are improving at your place. I've been gone all day so I haven't been able to catchup yet.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
goatkeepers-I read and responded to your thread this morning and if I remember correctly you have some early hatches and once they start hatching the humidity goes up. So if you have anything going on in the bator 71% is fine, otherwise it's higher than recommended but, I'm not sure that it's so high as to be a problem.

Good luck to you too!

Farmer Kitty just wanted to let you know I used your idea to keep my eggs from rolling around. I had 4 eggs that were a day behind the rest in my hatcher, no matter what those chickies did those eggs stayed put. Thanks for sharing
big_smile.png

Krista

Back
Top Bottom