Hatch date is 4/16!!! First time hatcher here....Anyone else?!

I really hope so! I had a temp spike after I put them into lockdown....I am just praying that it didnt do any damage.
fl.gif
I am worried, especially with no other pips or movement.
idunno.gif
time will tell i suppose

day 21 is Sunday April 17, 41 eggs in egg cartons hatching, Buff Orp roo xorp hens and RIR roox RIR hens and RIR roo xamericana,game,astrolorpe hens...will be interesting...wanted to increase flock with my own roos...I surely hope some make it my first time hatching....little fizzle hatched on her own..(1 BO - 4 RIRs) her name is Precious and they sure ARE..hatched Apr. 5th right on time. good luck to all....G

I'm on my first hatch and my hatch date is 4/16 too!!! I have 5 runner and runner/pekin eggs and 13 white rocks. After my last candling before lockdown I think a few of the white rocks were early quitters, but left them in just to be sure since they were quite developed. So far I have one duck egg pipped and the other 4 are rocking, and I have noticed 6 of the white rock eggs rocking. Hopefully some more pip and hatch soon! It's driving me crazy, I can't help but look at the eggs every 5 minutes!!!
roll.png

Hi, I have new chicks hatching today. I set my incubator weekly and I have been doing it for many year, so if you need anything, just let me know.

Quote:
Where have you been all my life!!!
thumbsup.gif
haha! I had my first lil chick hatch last night, I see a pretty good size pip in one now, and it cheeps at me when I shine a flash light in the viewing window. Hopefully we will be successful!!!! I dread the thought of a shrinkwrapped baby! It is sooo hard to just wait and wait and wait!
I do have a question though, on my chick that has hatched, she seems to be shedding the little hairs, I can see them on the paper towels, is that normal? for the hair to slough off? i hope so! she isnt all that fluffy and cute! LOL kind of pathetic looking. drinking, walking around, reactive to noise and people.... Glad your on here cowgirl!
Good luck!!!!

had three pip this morning 6.00am got home at 5.30pm 5 pipping from 5.30 to 7.00pm three hatched 1 small black 1 small white and a big white or yellow they are game chicks. two are still pipping the other seven nothing yet maybe tonight and have more in the morning good luck to you all.

6.30am one more out two more pippin total 7 out of 12 looks like 5 pipped day 21, 3 hatched. day 22 1 more out 2 pipped 3 still in egg number 5 about to come out

I have 7 in lockdown. I think only 3 were viable at day 18 though. This is my first time hatching. Today is day 22 and no pips.
sad.png
I am trying to be patient. We had some temp spikes though which is why I think we had quitters but I will wait a few more days.

Back
Top Bottom