hatch date is Friday! Anyone else? IT HATCHED! PICS********

Quote:
It's ok to be clueless believe me we all start out that way on this hatching business
smile.png

If you are letting a broody incubate for you she will take care of them...you most likely will not need to help her do her job.

A pip is the first visible crack in the egg which the chick will make up to 24+hrs before it is ready to completely hatch out of the egg.

The dry stuff you mention I believe you are referring to a method of incubation called dry incubation where the first 1-18 days of artificial incubation is done at low humidity levels, like 40-45% (some folks even go lower)

But if you are using a broody she uses her own method so don't worry yourself about artificial techniques...you have the best incubator there is.
wink.png

Good luck!
Carolyn

33676_chick1.jpg

My first Chick - arrived today at 2.00pm. of course i was at work so missed it, but the wife caught on the hatch on camera. As of writing have another hatched and another 5 pips. Fingers and toes crossed that the others are just as healthy.

Quote:
It's ok to be clueless believe me we all start out that way on this hatching business
smile.png

If you are letting a broody incubate for you she will take care of them...you most likely will not need to help her do her job.

A pip is the first visible crack in the egg which the chick will make up to 24+hrs before it is ready to completely hatch out of the egg.

The dry stuff you mention I believe you are referring to a method of incubation called dry incubation where the first 1-18 days of artificial incubation is done at low humidity levels, like 40-45% (some folks even go lower)

But if you are using a broody she uses her own method so don't worry yourself about artificial techniques...you have the best incubator there is.
wink.png

Good luck!
Carolyn

Thanks so much I love this site...

I have a grand total of 8 Buffies now (out of 13 eggs). So far, the only one that looks to be a dud is the scruffy, somewhat dirty one.

This is the first real success I've ever had, and I wish everyone the same results. Very gratifying, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with all these chickens.
roll.png

36605_2010_0610feb160025.jpg

I dont think I should expect anything until tomorrow afternoon. Technically it will be hatch day tomorrow at 7:09 pm because that is the time I put the eggs in. The humidity is staying between 60-70%. They should definitely hatch because I am using the same settings on my brinsea as my last hatch and on my last hatch I had a 95% hatch rate.

Back
Top Bottom