Hatch date Jan 9th! documenting my own eggs *PICTURES!!!!!! NOW*pg 8

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND YOUR EGGS! I'll be hatching 2 dozen MPC eggs (and only expecting a 50% hatch rate, which is generous under the circumstances)
Let us know what your hatch rate is in the end okay? Oh boy, I do love fuzzybutts.
hugs.gif
Pictures please!
clap.gif

dang! woke up tp temp spike again at 104! I wipped off top of bator and blew out air turned it down! The only spot I can put that bator is where my monitor kicks on and off-so I have to spay attention to it before bed and when I get up! This better not have screwed my hatch up yoo bad,,,

okay so today was day 4 at 4pm-butt...I had to candle because of all the temp spikes-wanted to see if any blood rings started well....drum roll please....

3-olive eggs too dark to see into but I think I see veins!!!!
12-EE ( blue and green) 1 cracked ( good thing I checked it went from top to bottom) thrown away-I cracked it open and nothing-
11 are veiny!!!!!
3 silkie-2 I can see veins 1 is iffy only because it is a day later than the others

1-mystery egg big dark rosy colored-lots of veining and I saw the heart beating:) I can tell that going to be a big chick-its growing very fast and taking up alot of space already!!

5 polish-all 5 are veining!!!!

2 ? now I m unsure of what they are now!! They either are silkies ( which I doubt) or my bantam cochin eggs
both veining-

out of 26 eggs only 1 was bad!!!!!!! 25 veiners growing baby chicks!! I cant believe it-I mean I was hoping to do this well with my eggs and I knew they were fertile from all the awesome feedback from my buyers but This is great for me-I just pray they continue to keep going-Ill candle on day 10 now and forget the xmas candeling since I just did it!!! yeah....How is everyone elses? Has anyone candeled as early as me? I usually never do until day 6 or later but the temp spikes have scared me...

Last edited:
Quote:
I put in 42 eggs last night when I got off work.....late.!!! so, my question is.. The temp has been so level and in my hurrry, I much have nudged it. I put the eggs in last night at about 11pm. when I got up for work this morning at 6am... the temp was at about 108.. coulnt have been there that long.. question is..... am I screwed????? should I continue or just pitch them?

Last edited:
Quote:
I put in 42 eggs last night when I got off work.....late.!!! so, my question is.. The temp has been so level and in my hurrry, I much have nudged it. I put the eggs in last night at about 11pm. when I got up for work this morning at 6am... the temp was at about 108.. coulnt have been there that long.. question is..... am I screwed????? should I continue or just pitch them?

do not pitch them-it is way too early in the game for that. A once very wise BYCer once told me hey what do you think the tempps get on broody's in Texas on a 100 degree day? LOL.. seriously do not chuck them. A few hatches ago I had a 107 spike over night I might add-I stabalized the temp before work and when I got home it was 103 fixed it more and got it down to 101-now I had 18 eggs in and 9 hatched out. SO you can do it-

I know this picture is cruddy but its the best I could do with a cold camera!

25181_cimg2779.jpg
can you see the veining???

and this one-look at how much space it has already taken over!!! on day 4! I bet its a roo already! LOL
25181_cimg2777.jpg

ok I cant wait until tomorrow-my youngest dd and I are going to candle right now-so far

26 eggs set
2 clear -knew they would be the girls hide! 2 WC polish eggs
1-cracked threw away-big green EE egg:-(

23 had life-

temp is 100.2 and humidity has been 35-40% so far so good

okayyy

Day 8
candeled 25 eggs-tossed the same 2 clear ones that started clear and remained clear all 3 candeling sessions
all 23 left were growing like weeds-some were even so big and dark Its as if they are on day 16 or more!

day 12 and all still kicking now the bator temp went down to 98 over night and it is stable now at 101...Ive actually been posting on another Jan 9th hatching post too forgetting I started this one...I have wait to see what pops out of the few mystery eggs I threw in.

Back
Top Bottom