Hatch date Jan 9th! documenting my own eggs *PICTURES!!!!!! NOW*pg 8

well I had another spkie 102.9 good thing I caught it because it was not that this am it was 101.1. Took top off and fanned it a little and turned it down again-I cant wait to get a bator that sticks the the temps programmed! stupid bator

Is this incubator a regular spiker, or do you think its the temp in the house affecting it?

I'm just curious, I am thinking of investing in an incubator this up coming year. I don't know what to expect, but I want to try to hatch my own eggs to sell locally. Quality silkies are here are near impossible to find!

You've had a lot of spikes and drops though, and they seed to be doing REALLY well to have the growth continue so strongly at this point, and soon you WILL have 23 fuzzy butts running around
smile.png
I have my fingers crossed this 8 makes it. I miss having fluffy little silkies to play with.

Don't mind me...
tongue.png
I'm spying on you! I just have to know how your hatch is going!!

Also, our little ones are feathering out really nicely! I'll take some pictures to send to you!

Quote:
you guys are so funny!!! It's great to have people here "learking" with me and all our babies being hatched... Ill go candle right now...oh and yes My incubator I think would do great in a different location because it is near my monitor heater.. But there is not a safe place where one of my kids or their freinds or the dogs or the cats wont knock over or yank the cords by tripping over them! So Im stuck for now. Even my DH has big plans for helping me re-do the whole incuabting -brooding-raising stuff hahaha...Love him!

im right behind you as well i have 32 due on the 10, three shades of green , three shades of brown, some white , and some pink, they are a suprise since the pen was full of roos and hens of each breed, americanas, black sexlink, dominiques, buff orpingtons, barred rocks, white and brown leghorns... can wait to see them , hope everyone elses hatch goes well tooo

Quote:
Thank you--you too--silkies yeah... I just did candle and all 23 are growing strong still--there are 2 silkie eggs in there that will be 1 AND 2 DAYS behind the rest. I couldnt help but add then everytime my girl layed and egg:) Im sick...Now that hen went broody! It was so funny-no eggs in 5 days and I went to dump her "bed" out she stayed perfectly still and sweet-I picked her up out of the box-moved her to the side-cleaned and put fresh shavings in her bed-picked her back up and placed her back in her bed. She never moved/flinched/nipped..She just nestled right back in-I love silkies-shes my first broody silky. Im thinkingof bringing her up to the house and let her brood in a huge tucker tote to hatch some eggs for me:)

I had a little issue with my hatch (Jan 11) I think hubby sat on the couch next to my bator and accidentally unplugged it! I freaked!! The temp dropped to 85 degrees, not sure how long. Could be up to a couple of hours!! I'm hoping all is well, but not sure yet. I can't seem to candle my eggs, the shells are too dark or I just don't know what I am looking for.

fl.gif
praying all are okay!!
fl.gif

today is day 16-wow--do we really have only 5 days to go? man...bator is at 100.2 steady and 30% humidity-upping it a little when I get home-how is everyone else doing? 2 days to lockdown!!!

Back
Top Bottom