Hatch Day 18 for Quail No signs of hatching 😢

Humidity is a little high also I hatch Quail with starting humidity at 35% to 45% and at lockdown 60%. for my temp I run 100 Degrees and they start hatching at 16 to 16 1/2 days and usually done by end of day 17. But you need a calibrated thermometer and hydrometer to know exactly where you're at. Hoping your temps were just a little low and you will have a late hatch.🤞 Has anything happened yet?
A hydrometer measures specific gravity of a liquid.

A hygrometer measures relative humidity.

I like to sprinkle their starter feed lightly on ground in brooder this helps getting them eating sooner until they figure out where feed is in the feeder. I also dip their beaks lightly in their water to let them know what it is. Once they are active and running around you can tap your finger on their feeder and waterer this will get them to check things out and start eating and drinking from them sooner. Once a few starts the others will all copy them, and you should be good.
Can’t thank you enough for the info and advice 😁 They all seem to be going well have sprinkled food and they seem to be copying each other! Will attach a pic of my brooder set up! Not sure how high to set the ceramic heat lamp as I was worried the temp would drop in the night and they might get cold! They are lying on the outer perimeter of it so guess they are self regulating??? Should I lift it up a little higher? Another 3 hatched this morning still in the incubator 🤷‍♀️so they are a bit all over the place! I’m so happy it’s my first hatch Yay

Attachments

• 5DB3F674-174A-4518-BF52-8D6E0FCE079B.jpeg
    5DB3F674-174A-4518-BF52-8D6E0FCE079B.jpeg
    665.2 KB · Views: 5
What you have looks fine until you get them all hatched and in brooder. After that I would move your light to one end of your brooder and if you have a thermometer temp under lamp at ground level about 95 degrees if you are worried about them being too cold. But they need a cool end so as you said they will regulate where they need to be. If you don't have a thermometer watch them and as long as they are not huddling directly under the light meaning to cold and around the edge and not as far away from heat meaning to hot, they will be fine as long as they have the cooler end to get away from heat if needed. Just raise lamp a little dropping temps each week acclimating them to cooler temps as they start to regulate their own body temps. Looking good and congratulations on your first hatch and wish many more. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom