Hatch Day- Broody crunched one egg!

klyn

Songster
6 Years
May 2, 2014
I have a broody hen who was hatching 4 eggs. Three had hatched by last night and I thought maybe the last one wouldn't be hatching at all as it had been several hours (At least 8 maybe 12 hours) since the third one hatched. I lifted her up barely to see what I could see and low and behold the last egg had pipped! When I set her gently down again she sunk down too low and I heard a distinct "crunch!" I'm so sad! Obviously, as soon as it happened I regretted my decision to lift her! :( It been 2.5 hours and there has been nothing from the last egg. Is there any hope for this chick or has too much time passed for me to hold out hope?
1f625.png

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that, it's terrible!!! /img/smilies/hugs.gif
It doesn't sound like your fault! Poor broody just sank too low! :(

Congratulations on three other chicks, though! :)

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that, it's terrible!!!
hugs.gif

It doesn't sound like your fault! Poor broody just sank too low!
sad.png

Congratulations on three other chicks, though!
smile.png

Thank you BeanHen.
smile.png
I guess I will know better next time.
The three that made it are so stinking cute though! 1 Wyandotte and 2 Ameraucanas.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

The three that made it are so stinking cute though!  1 Wyandotte and 2 Ameraucanas.

Lovely breeds! :)
I just got 1 BO and 1 Welsummer for my broody a few days ago -and I still cannot believe how adorable they are. :jumpy

Lovely breeds!
smile.png

I just got 1 BO and 1 Welsummer for my broody a few days ago -and I still cannot believe how adorable they are.
jumpy.gif

Oh, so fun! There is something miraculous about new life!

Back
Top Bottom