Hatch Day Today!!! June 4th "Update with Pictures"

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by floridachickhatcher, Jun 4, 2011.

1. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    So far i have two barred rock roosters hatched....and i can see another one with the pip hole and one egg i think it died during the pip process anyway im glad so far 2 have hatched but if they live i will have 6 barred rock baby roosters! i dont need that many and my mom said we might have to put an ad in the paper to get rid of them i mean so far i only have 1 red sex link hen chick and she says we will need to change out the roosters every month to see who gives more hens then roosters cause of the whole y and x chromosomes

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    my hatch day is today too!!
    but nothing's happening...

3. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:You set them on May 14th?

4. AustinM741

AustinM741 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Goldsboro, NC
    Quote:Mine too! And nothing is happenjng either! [​IMG]

5. Rbl4life

Rbl4life Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    mine are dur today and six haved poked a hole, but the white membrane is still in tact, so i dont know if there going to hatch

6. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    well i have total of 12 eggs in the bator so right now 4 are hatched and im waiting on the others i give them until monday to finish hatching cause that will be day 23 and then i will give them alittle shake and see if i hear peeping cause i know when one is dead by the horrible smell coming from inside [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  7. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

we're not due for another 2 days, but we've got a pip, and a fully hatched chick! very exciting!

8. GiGi123

GiGi123 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2010
    Today's mine as well!
    so far 5 that i know of have hatched.
    so exciting!!!

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Male birds have two Z chromosomes and female birds have a Z and a W chromosome, such as in human females have two X chromosomes and males have a X and a Y chromosome. In humans, the males determines the sex of a child from the X and Y chromosomes as the female passes on the X chromosome and the male either an X or Y which determines what sex the child will be. In birds The males pass on the Z chromosome and the female passes on either a Z or W which determines what sex a chick will be.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  10. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:yeah no clue about anything you just said lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by