Hatch Day Today!!! June 4th "Update with Pictures"

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by floridachickhatcher, Jun 4, 2011.

1. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Songster

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    So far i have two barred rock roosters hatched....and i can see another one with the pip hole and one egg i think it died during the pip process anyway im glad so far 2 have hatched but if they live i will have 6 barred rock baby roosters! i dont need that many and my mom said we might have to put an ad in the paper to get rid of them i mean so far i only have 1 red sex link hen chick and she says we will need to change out the roosters every month to see who gives more hens then roosters cause of the whole y and x chromosomes

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Songster

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    my hatch day is today too!!
    but nothing's happening...

3. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:You set them on May 14th?

4. AustinM741

AustinM741 In the Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    Goldsboro, NC
    Quote:Mine too! And nothing is happenjng either! [​IMG]

5. Rbl4life

Rbl4life Chirping

Apr 30, 2011
    mine are dur today and six haved poked a hole, but the white membrane is still in tact, so i dont know if there going to hatch

6. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    well i have total of 12 eggs in the bator so right now 4 are hatched and im waiting on the others i give them until monday to finish hatching cause that will be day 23 and then i will give them alittle shake and see if i hear peeping cause i know when one is dead by the horrible smell coming from inside [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  7. we're not due for another 2 days, but we've got a pip, and a fully hatched chick! very exciting!

8. GiGi123

GiGi123 In the Brooder

Nov 19, 2010
    Today's mine as well!
    so far 5 that i know of have hatched.
    so exciting!!!

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Male birds have two Z chromosomes and female birds have a Z and a W chromosome, such as in human females have two X chromosomes and males have a X and a Y chromosome. In humans, the males determines the sex of a child from the X and Y chromosomes as the female passes on the X chromosome and the male either an X or Y which determines what sex the child will be. In birds The males pass on the Z chromosome and the female passes on either a Z or W which determines what sex a chick will be.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  10. floridachickhatcher

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:yeah no clue about anything you just said lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: