Hatch Day TUESDAY 8th Need Humidity UP/HOW?

1234duck

Songster
9 Years
Jan 6, 2011
Upper Lake, California
Hatch Day Tuesday 8th.. I Can't keep humidity up. was 80-85 then 85 then back down in 70's. Now its about 77. I have a container with water & a sponge in it, also there is a wash cloth hanging over the side of the container and the water keeps going in the wash cloth and in the bottom of the bator then out the holes, Soaking the 2 beach towels which are under the bator. I just about fill the container with warm/hot water each time & it seem to be working, humidity was up. I've filled container 2x's now it's empty again & humidity dropping more. Do i open bator and remove wash cloth cuz it's totally soaked or add more hot water to container.? THANKS, Julie

Over how much time has the drop in humidity happened? 77 may be better than continually opening the incubator- but how often are you opening it??

I opened it right at start to remove paper towels. (sunday around 3pm) not been opened again. i have container/sponge under vent hole to add water humidity was holding.. i thought

i think its the rag hanging over the container all the water is going in the rag & out the holes n the bottom of bator didnt know if i should remove rag or not or just keep adding hot water to bring and keep humidity up i'll be right back i'm going to check temp & humidity NOW.. .. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Julie

Last edited:
my humidity is 77ish ~ temp was 98 i got it back to 99 now it kinda goes back n forth to 98 & 99 mostly holding 99. i havent noticed any moving or any thing with the eggs..the bator windows have condensation on the inside of them. *should i add some warm/hot water to container/sponge through vent hole?

If there is condensation- then there is likely to be enough humidity- I think your hygrometer may be faulty. I dont see condensation unless my humidity is around 85- 90% in my machine. I know you would have a different machine..but it sounds like there is plenty of humidity in there. As long as the channels are full- I would leave it until the condensation starts to evaporate a little.

Back
Top Bottom