Hatch Due Dec 29th - Still Nothing

Quote:
Do you have another thermometer you can check it with? It might not be the thermostat at all. I would definitely double check the thermometer and make sure it is working properly.

Dont give up on them yet !! The temp drop can cause them to hatch late but they still have a chance !!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

It is the thermostat. The control wasn't responding at all. My other thermometers read even lower. They are Radio Shack Digital ones with an accuracy of +-10 degrees.

I've taken the only recourse I had.

Some years ago, the turner stopped working and Brower shipped me a new base under warranty.

I still had the old base in storage and swapped the bowl onto that one. I think I managed to do it without spilling water. I can turn from the outside for the next day or two before hatching time.

The temperature is stabilizing now.

There has already been a lot of quitters found in candling. I'm down to 24 out of 48 already. It could be from the unstable temperatures.

Candling today showed that in general, the eggs are not as far as I would expect on day 19.

Some are definitely more developed than others. Some were dark and fairly well filled. Others *might* be healthy, just not very big yet, and others seemed about half filled out.

What is everyone's vote on whether it is time to stop turning and raise the humidity?

If I had a separate hatcher, I would probably transfer 6-8 of 24 there and candle again tommorrow. I don't have that luxury.

On the one hand, it is too early to raise humidity and stop turning for most of them.

On the other hand, those that are well developed may be my best and/or only chance of hatching, given how poorly this hatch is going. Maybe it is best to cater to them.

What's the vote from the people here?

Last edited:
I vote to give it a shot, nothing to lose you went this far whats another 3-6 days !!

If you dont, you will never know. With the temp being low I would even give them a few extra days, somtimes low temps can cause late hatches !!

HERES TO A GOOD HATCH
fl.gif
fl.gif

I'm going to guess your going to get 4-8 chicks
tongue2.gif

I vote to give it a shot, nothing to lose you went this far whats another 3-6 days !!

So, to be clear, are you voting I change the humidity now, or wait a few more days since they could be 3-6 days late?​

under the circumstance and not knowing what damage could have been done I would if it were me stop turning and raise humidity for hatch but dont give up on eggs for some extra days just in case there are some behind. Your stronger chicks have the best chance so I would work for the strong ones and hope some others come along. You really have nothing at this point to lose so try for some.

Back
Top Bottom