Hatch Grocery store eggs (Happy Egg Heritage brand)

Candled eggs today at day 5 and it’s hard to see because the egg shell is too dark. I cracked one and I hated myself so much for doing that.:he

But hey, the egg(s) are fertile. I guess that is the only way to know!

Now I have 21 eggs left in the incubator and I won’t do anything until lockdown!:fl

Attachments

• 8E9638D5-3379-499D-B0E7-24BD218DB3D2.jpeg
    8E9638D5-3379-499D-B0E7-24BD218DB3D2.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 21
an
I just bought a brand new NR360 incubator, and will do an experiment hatching pasture eggs from grocery store. I got 2 dozens of Happy Egg Heritage brand, they have beautiful color eggs.
Will candle first to make sure there are no cracks and things like that then will set them tomorrow.
I just bought a brand new NR360 incubator, and will do an experiment hatching pasture eggs from grocery store. I got 2 dozens of Happy Egg Heritage brand, they have beautiful color eggs.
Will candle first to make sure there are no cracks and things like that then will set them tomorrow.
any growth yet?

That is not really super developed for 5 days, I am sure they will still hatch, but since we don't know how old your eggs are when set, it may take a day or so longer to hatch. Every day stored, add 1 hr longer hatching.
Where did you hear this? Do you have a link so I can read that in context? Thanks.

That is not really super developed for 5 days, I am sure they will still hatch, but since we don't know how old your eggs are when set, it may take a day or so longer to hatch. Every day stored, add 1 hr longer hatching.
I set them late like 9pm on 1/23, so if we minus 24 hours after setting eggs, it would be just around day 4 actually when I cracked it.

I had a commercial chicken farmer tell me that pastured commercial eggs might be fertile because of "oops roosters", that may be left with the flock because it's too much trouble to try to sort them out if they're not causing problems.

He's a meat bird farmer, but presumably knows something about what other commercial chicken farmers do.

No guarantees. :D

Back
Top Bottom